Cigar Forums banner

opus X, does anyone ever have these?

Tags
opus
819 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  TomN 
#1 ·
i understand there is limited distribution, but where can a regular guy like me buy some? The shops by me have them from time to time, obviously pricey but i do enjoy them tremendously.

does anyone have legit OpusX on the net?

#2 ·
Nope. You have to create a relationship with your Cigar Shop and if he does get them in from time to time, there is no reason why you can't get your hands on a couple. You will pay from 10.00 to 17.00 per stick msrp. If your shop charges way over that, it's either because 1. he doesn't have an account and buys them retail and marks them up way too much or, 2. you live in CA, WA, Alaska, or Hawaii where the tobacco tax is around 85-100%

#4 ·
there are tons of ways to get them on the net, but super super pricey. i know the local guy near me that gets them legit has a call list. i got a call a few weeks ago in the middle of a round of golf that they were in. i got up there later that night and he still had plenty. might want to check on a call list with your local shop.
good luck.
jimmy

#5 ·
They are not sold online unless they are second hand. Official retailers are not allowed to sell them online. That doesn't mean they don't, just that they are not supossed to.

#7 ·
just to put things into perspective...was in a smoke shop today and got a couple of cigars.noticed in the non-habanos section (off to the side of the humi and about 1/4 of the shelf space alloted to habanos) about 4 boxes of opus x smokes (variety of sizes)just sitting there.not selling well at all...of course the prices were high enough to make it about the same a buying a cuban smoke.so when prices are comparable nobody buys the opus or padron etc.

not trying to brag or anything ... just thought you guys would like to see how it is in the rest of the world.

derrek :)

#10 ·
Quote from DVICKERY:

"not trying to brag or anything ... just thought you guys would like to see how it is in the rest of the world."

Derrek, as an Edmonton-born Canadian who now lives and works in Connecticut and New York, I am encouraged to find someone else on this or any other board who knows what "Edson" is and where it is located! I wouldn't go so far as to say Edson is "the rest of the world" however!! heh-heh.....

Enjoy!
:w

#11 ·
kscotty davec cigar sergeant

was in edmonton this afternoon at "more than cigars" on stony and 149th.they used to have a website but when i clicked on the link it came up dry.this is not a shop i frequent but it was on the way home.best shop in edmonton(by a country mile)is "la tienda" on the southside.

edson is a town of 7000 people and it aint got a smoke shop...sorry if i was misleading you guys.

kscotty...a few guys here from alberta...viesturs and divineright and hwozdecki from edmonton.nobody that i would admit to knowing from calgary.

derrek :)

#13 ·
Of course Poker, you have to remember that while the price may be exhorbitant in Canada for Opus X, they do have a cradle-to-grave medical system that will more than offset that price over a lifetime of smoking! :D

DVICKERY....glad to hear there are other Albertans in the group....I'm an Edmonton/Sherwood Park guy myself. Never had much use for Calgary (the only western city where the horsesh*t is on the inside of the boots!).

If/when I find myself visiting 'home' again, I will have to spend some of my US$ and pick up some ISOMs legit.....:w

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.