Cigar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Primates, stopped in my local package store the other day, they had a small humidor with 15 or 20 premium smokes. Most within market price locally, and one box of OPUS X at 39.95 a stick. Smoked one in Little Rock and paid what I thought at the time was a premium price of about $13 bucks. Truthfully wasnt that impressed. Have smoked cigars I liked a lot better for a whole lot less money. After reading about these cigars am real impressed with what my store in LR charged for these and am astounded at what people will pay. Obviously the price is market driven, but 39.95. Blows my mind! Frank B

·
Registered
410 Posts
I truly enjoy the scent and flavors that the Opus X always puts forth. I do however not enjoy the high prices and hard to find part of the brand.
So To me I tend to turn to a nice H Upman Mag 46 or a Cohiba.
THey are easier to find and they cost less!

(the flavors are great also!)

But those choices will come to the newer Gorillas within time...

Hb

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
ridiculous

I'm sorry but IMHO, the Opus X line is the most overrated, over-hyped, over priced line of cigars, ever. Yes, they are good, but $40 a stick, c'mon?!:sb You could get 2 or 3 Cohiba habanos for that. Wow, well whatever. If people will pay for it, they'll charge that much for it.
SB

·
Registered
756 Posts
I truly enjoy the scent and flavors that the Opus X always puts forth. I do however not enjoy the high prices and hard to find part of the brand.
i agree with this completely. i love most of the opus x, and the cousin anejos. but i hate the price. i will treat myself though to any opus whenever i can
jimmy

·
Registered
68 Posts
I always keep an opus or two in my humi. I have found them for about 13 bucks a stick and I think they are worth that. Once my local shop runs out, i'll be out of luck though.

I won't pay anywhere near 40 bucks for them, unless I am getting two!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Agreed with the above post. Great cigars, but overpriced in some areas. They can be had for less, and better smokes for less.
Look around and do a search if you enjoy the Opus leaf.
:w

1 - 6 of 6 Posts