Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, like many people, have lots of opinions about everything from crap to crisco. Why don't we have a place to drop em off? Lighten the load on yer brain. We pick up a huge amount of information in a day. The brain absorbs all this input & craps out much of it in the form of an opinion. Now many of our opinions are just so much garbage. Why shouldn't we have a place to dump the garbage of our brain?

I mean if you hate it when people drive 55 in a 65, tell us about it. If you hate it when the pimply faced teenager in the back of the fast food restaurant puts enough onions on your burger to make an onion blossom. Tell us! If you hate it when they put all the pickles on one side of your burger. Spit it out! If you are a conservative thinker & voter, but believe that most of the right wing conservative talk show hosts are closet fascists. Tell us!

Ok. Somebody needed to stop me & my wife wants this phone line. I hate that! :mad:

I will excercise my right as an American :u when my wife tells me I can in a little while.

Later.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am of the opinion that cows should be fitted with diapers before transporting.
:sb

·
Registered
382 Posts
KingMeatyHand said:
My opinion is that you need a high speed connection.
My opinion is that they need to invent better technology so that I can get a broadband connection even though I only live 10 miles from a major city. It's freaking ridiculous.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
summerkc said:
My opinion is that they need to invent better technology so that I can get a broadband connection even though I only live 10 miles from a major city. It's freaking ridiculous.
120 miles here.

This thread is intended to be an amusing, tongue in cheek, diversion. We'll see if it flies. Throw it against the wall & see if it sticks. Run it up the flagpole & see if anyone salutes. Throw enough $hit & somebody gets all stinky.

Someone please stop me, before I kill again! :fu

·
Registered
382 Posts
KingMeatyHand said:
It's not the technology, it's your cable and phone companies.
Well supposedly they have finally perfected internet over the powerlines and have started implementing it in a few places in Wash. D.C. Hopefully in a few years I will able to get it.

I live in one of those no-mans-land areas where I am close to the city but where I can't get cable TV OR DSL (due to ancient phonelines, which I actually think they are just kite string). I thought about satellite, but it is expensive as hell (like $100 a month). Also, my cellphone barely works here. I hate my life

:mad:

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I get 4 channels on the tv. The reciever on the satellite dish broke years ago & we never fixed it. It just didn't seem that important. We get enough tv to be informed & rent movies. I listen to radio in my car & read USA Today at lunch. We checked to see how much another phone line would cost out here a few years ago & it was quite expensive then.
The cell phone is touch & go out here also. I have learned to be flexible about the phone line & get off for a while when the wife wants to use the phone.

·
Registered
382 Posts
kansashat said:
The cell phone is touch & go out here also. I have learned to be flexible about the phone line & get off for a while when the wife wants to use the phone.
I have the same problem, but I just changed my cell phone to Verizon I get much better cell phone reception. I also bought one of the new v.92 modems so that I can see on the computer if someone is calling and drop the internet if I want to talk to them. It is not available in my area, but with the v.92 you can also suspend the internet to take the call and then when you are done talking switch back to the internet.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I hate when drivers cut the corner when making a left turn. I'll be coming up to the intersection and have to slam on my brakes because some yahoo cut the corner and is riding right across my half of the road. Wish I had me a bazooka.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been of the opinion, for many years, that when we turn 21, we should be issued a drinking license. If we are one of the people who really shouldn't drink, & tend to get in trouble when we drink, then our public drinking license should be revoked for a period of time. If you lose your privileges so many times, then your drinking license would be revoked permanently.
Of course, no bar, or liquor store would be allowed to sell liquor, beer, or wine, without 1st seeing your drinking license.
Now, there would always be ways around this, but it sure would cut down on the number of jerks in the bars.
:al

·
Registered
290 Posts
By the same token as above...there should be some kind of PARENTING license.

Any sperm can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a DAD. Some parents (moms too) are just not fit to handle children, whether physically, emotionally, financially, whatever.

Here in Arizona, we always get parents who 1) "accidentally" leave their kids in a 100-degree car for an hour (the child dies), or 2) leaves the pool gate open and the kid drowns, or 3) has more kids than they can pay for because their religion tells them too (those of that religion know who you are).

Just like a driver's license, you should have to be tested to see if you qualify as a good parent. You should be retested every time one of your kids hits an age divisible by 5 (so, when they're 5, 10, 15, 20) stopping at 21 (when they can be parents ... oops, qualify to be parents... on their own). This way the more kids you have, the more often you're tested.

Hell, you have to have a license to have a dog or cat, why not a license to have a child?

·
Registered
382 Posts
linusvanpelt said:
3) has more kids than they can pay for because their religion tells them too (those of that religion know who you are).
I really take offence at that, being a Catholic and don't know why you think I should feel bad because I am. Catholics make up around 66 million Americans so I doubt you should say that they all just have too many babies because their religion tells them to. This is not the place to put down anyone because of thier religion.

So having too many kids is the equivalent of killing your kid in a car? I don't get it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.