Cigar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the rum in the auction .... is the 7 yr better than the 6 yr reserve or what ... How does this brand stack up against others ..:al

·
Registered
291 Posts
My sister brought back some cuban rum when she went on a educational trip there a few years ago. It was some of the smoothest rum I've ever had. Not sure if it was the same brand though but it was great.:al

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Havana Club only makes the 3, 5, and 7 year rum. They do make a 15 year but its not made for export outside of Cuba.
The 7 year is the most popular.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
the reserva (i think what poker calls 5 year) is only guaranteed to be somewhere between 3 and 7 years old (i think)... this is what my friend peter (in cuba) drinks because the 7 year old stuff is about $10 there, whereas the reserva is considerably less (can't recall the exact price). he told me it was about 6 yrs old, but who knows. anyway, the 7 year is better than the reserva .. which was the question i believe. :)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
poker said:
for a person of your brain capacity David, that was a crappy answer.:D
:r funny you should mention this... i do have more and specific info about the difference, but i thought it'd be too much for the regular folks, who might wear tennis shoes or an occasional python boot.

so... anyway... when i was visiting the cuban neuroscience center, peter asked if i'd like to do an MRI experiment. i said, well what the fu.ck? so, first i drank a half bottle of reserva and went into the magnet. then, i drank a half bottle of 7 year and went into the magnet. the results are below (top row reserva, bottom row 7 year)

notice how more centralized the brain activity is when i drank the 7 year stuff. peter, who is the expert, said this about my brain:

It's like a building being demolished. Billions of neurons seem to overload, shorting billions of circuits which triggers the collapse of the superstructure we know of as your brain. Buried beneath the rubble like the mangled victim of an earthquake is an entity that is your mind, somehow just managing to cling to life but despairing of ever finding a way out.

anyway... i think that's what he said... i was really drunk at the time!! :al

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey, I know he's smart enough to outbid me ......$50 on those '95 Monte Especials being auctioned :c :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Deem said:
Hey, I know he's smart enough to outbid me ......$50 on those '95 Monte Especials being auctioned :c :rolleyes:
deem- jack's been giving away so many cigars, he needs the money.... i'm just trying to help a brother out! :r

1 - 9 of 9 Posts