Cigar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these (I think its from 98) and was thinking of trading for some ISOMS. Im not asking anyone here to make any offers (I'll probably post on the classifieds in a few days), I was just curious to get some opinions on what you guys think would be a fair trade.
:u

·
Registered
410 Posts
Opus A in a coffin is worth about $50.00 as for aged? maybe add a few dollars to it.
Most folks I know who have these simply save them as a conversation peace.

Thats my 2 cents worth of opinion...

Hb

·
Registered
756 Posts
i have 4 of these right now, only 3 of them in their coffin. it is a hell of a smoke, that is for sure! the last 3 inches are excellent.
i know they retail for $50 new, but with up to 5+ years of age would most likely be worth more to an opus fan. i have seen them sell for as much as $100 a piece on auctions. i would think a nice compromise of $75 for a well aged big ass opus would be a fair market value ;)
in my opinion though, opus do not get better with age. i have had some that are 5-6 years old, and they are much more mellow. i personally have liked opus that were between 6 months and a year old best. good luck with this!
jimmy

·
Registered
200 Posts
Actual retail (MSRP) for an Opus A is $25. I've even found them for that price in some low-tax states. Typically under $30 around here when they're available.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Agree 100% with Habana Mike. I have seen them for 27 ea in a few states. Also I understand that if an authorized Fuente dealer is gouging prices on OpusX they could lose their entire Fuente account.

·
Registered
410 Posts
See there - the reason I posted 50 is was that is all I ever saw in the stores - yep even the fuente approved stores..

·
Registered
584 Posts
I've seen Opus X - A's being traded straight up for a bottle of HC-7. I am with the opinion that the younger the Opus the better. I also agree Trade Value for these are about $30.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Opus A's

Brandon, you're such an Island whore! LOL
Yes, Opus are almost always better young so aging IMHO shouldn't make the value rise.
IMHO, Opus A's are arguably the best regularly produced "A" out there, Island's included.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts