Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hockey sucks anymore. Oh!!! wait not having Hockey sucks this year. Since I come from the city where the Hockey team is owned be the greatest player to ever live. I am incredibly distraught over the situation.

·
Registered
136 Posts
HBMully said:
Makes Me Sick To My Stomach!!!
I sure hope that the NHLPA & league know what they are doing - but I doubt it. The NHL has always been popular in the land of the Maple Leaf. But, in the USA, it was fairly stagnant until Gretzky took his show to LA. The NHL was growing incredibly in the USA until the strike during the '94-95 season. That strike killed all momentum for NHL hockey in the USA and it still hasn't returned to its former popularity......and so the NHL strikes again. Makes perfect sense, right?!?!? :c

PJT35

·
X Canadian
1,329 Posts
kamikaiguy said:
Hockey sucks anymore. Oh!!! wait not having Hockey sucks this year. Since I come from the city where the Hockey team is owned be the greatest player to ever live. I am incredibly distraught over the situation.
Gretzky or Gordie never played in Pittsburg.

·
X Canadian
1,329 Posts
PJT35 said:
I sure hope that the NHLPA & league know what they are doing - but I doubt it. The NHL has always been popular in the land of the Maple Leaf. But, in the USA, it was fairly stagnant until Gretzky took his show to LA. The NHL was growing incredibly in the USA until the strike during the '94-95 season. That strike killed all momentum for NHL hockey in the USA and it still hasn't returned to its former popularity......and so the NHL strikes again. Makes perfect sense, right?!?!? :c

PJT35
Being a hockey fan, I hope you don't live in a traditionally non hockey market with a struggling franchise. I think that if this thing goes a whole season that these types of teams will become victims of contraction.

FIRE GARY BETTMAN, BOB GOODENOW and TREVOR LINDEN.

·
Registered
136 Posts
(909) said:
Being a hockey fan, I hope you don't live in a traditionally non hockey market with a struggling franchise. I think that if this thing goes a whole season that these types of teams will become victims of contraction.

FIRE GARY BETTMAN, BOB GOODENOW and TREVOR LINDEN.
Hey, you can't fire these guys....look at where they've taken NHL hockey...?! :fu

Oops. I guess you are right!

Franchise success in non-hockey markets are always a struggle.....usually needing strong marketing and management. Unfortunately, these franchises usually end up with ex-NHL managers running the show :al. Big mistake!

PJT35

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.