Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I've been walking around this movie. The prospect of watching two people tread water & freak out about getting eaten by sharks just struck me as really boring. The video rental store has a bunch of copies........thanks for warning me.

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
kansashat said:
The prospect of watching two people tread water & freak out about getting eaten by sharks just struck me as really boring.
Thats the perfect review for this movie, I saw it over the weekend. Not only is it slow, it is disturbing.

I let my kids surf at San Onofre where shark sightings are frequent but the encounters are very very rare. Thanks to this crappy movie, I am now a freaked out at the prospect of them in the water.

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
(909) said:
Thats the perfect review for this movie, I saw it over the weekend. Not only is it slow, it is disturbing.

I let my kids surf at San Onofre where shark sightings are frequent but the encounters are very very rare. Thanks to this crappy movie, I am now a freaked out at the prospect of them in the water.
Having kids does that to you doesn't it.

Out on a board at Del Mar many years ago watching the sunset. About dusk:30 a fin breaks the surface about 20 yds from me coming at me and then dissapears. Just about the time it took to do the "OH SH*T", a porpoise breaks the surface 3 ft from me and exhales and takes off. As the saying goes, you couldn't drive a ten penny nail with a sledge hammer... Still to this day, I can remember what that porpoise's breath smelled like. But as they say.. you have a greater chance of ...........

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
galaga said:

Out on a board at Del Mar many years ago watching the sunset. About dusk:30 a fin breaks the surface about 20 yds from me coming at me and then dissapears. Just about the time it took to do the "OH SH*T", a porpoise breaks the surface 3 ft from me and exhales and takes off. As the saying goes, you couldn't drive a ten penny nail with a sledge hammer... Still to this day, I can remember what that porpoise's breath smelled like. But as they say.. you have a greater chance of ...........
I do hope that rectal problem has alleviated........you'd have to be gettin' pretty backed up by now. We'd have to start calling you Elvis.

·
Registered
662 Posts
this movie just plain sucked. It looked and felt homemade- and not like it was real- like some dufuses made a home-made movie and someone decided it was cool to make really long, drawn out movies with bad picture quality. As if they never did that in the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

The movie drags on and on- it didn't scare me a bit, it just bored me. I was insulted that I paid 7 bucks for a movie it probably costed $3 to make. I felt like I had been tricked into believeing I was paying to see a real movie and it ended up being this lame home-made bad film school project.

Anyway, this movie is awesome- for me to poop on. Don't see it.
-eef

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
galaga said:

We were at San Onofre not far from the plant one morning and in the flat water between sets I feel the water moving and the water get cold. I put my arms and legs on the board and sit real still. My buddies were about 50 yards away but I couldn't even speak. About 10 yards in front of me, the back of a whale slowly breaks the surface and moves away parallel to the coast.

I can appreciate the "Ten penny nail" theory.

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
kansashat said:
I do hope that rectal problem has alleviated........you'd have to be gettin' pretty backed up by now. We'd have to start calling you Elvis.
:r :r
My eyes were turning brown

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
(909) said:
We were at San Onofre not far from the plant one morning and in the flat water between sets I feel the water moving and the water get cold. I put my arms and legs on the board and sit real still. My buddies were about 50 yards away but I couldn't even speak. About 10 yards in front of me, the back of a whale slowly breaks the surface and moves away parallel to the coast.

I can appreciate the "Ten penny nail" theory.
Bitchin -- I bet that was a sight.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Jaws essentially ruined the ocean for me, so I only wade out to about...oh...ankle depth, before scurrying back to shore.

I actually found this movie "worked" for me the same way The Blair Witch Project did, but it's definitely a one trick pony (and that ending is a total bummer). :hn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.