Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I reached my 500th post and I celebrate my 1yr Anniversary this month! :cb

…and it's now time for Quo155's "500th post / 1yr" contest!

I thought…and thought…how to do this contest...as I really wanted to be original. But, then I thought to myself…that wouldn't be original…you know, to try and be original…so I decided to not be original…thinking that maybe I am original by deciding to not be original! :hmm:

:director: Contest

:photo: Guess the year that this photo was taken?

:nono: Rules:

1.) Open to continental US members only.
2.) You must be allowed by Puff to PM, to be able to vote.
3.) You can guess only once (the "year"), per person, per day.
4.) This contest will end at 1700 CST on Wednesday, August 10, 2011, even if someone guesses the correct year during the duration.
5.) If anyone "guesses" a year that has already been "guessed", then the person that guessed that year first will be the owner of said year. The 2nd, 3rd, etc. entry of same year will not count as well. So it might help to read through this forum to check your guess. I will try to post a list of years that have been selected each day.
6.) If no one "guesses" the actual year this photo was taken, then the person that is closest will automatically win…whether over or under. If there is a tie here, then the person that picked the "earlier" year will win the prize.

:arrow: Prize:

The prize will be a selection of six (6) fine cigars.

Bonus #1: -Easy

If you are the winner by guessing the correct year (or are the closest as stated in rule #6), and you had also posted in that same post the answer to the following, "What are they doing in this photo?" Then, I will throw in an (1) additional fine cigar with your prize. Thus, making a total of seven (7) cigars.

Bonus #2: -Hard

If you are the winner by guessing the correct year (or are the closest as stated in rule #6), and you had also posted in that same post the answer to the following, "During the time this photo was taken, what were these guys labeled as (called) to have support of an Union?" Then, I will throw in an additional five (5) cigars with your prize.

The Bonus Questions stand alone, so you can get either one…or both.

So, to win everything...each day...be sure to answer all three questions. The two Bonus Question's answers can be repeated.

Alright BOTL…enjoy…good luck…and let the competition begin! :peace:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well...Hell Dan! :target:

OK, I said that this contest would run until next Wednesday...but as you can see...after I spent two days conjuring up this contest...Dan get's the first part of it in 33 mins...oh, how Google serves us all so well! I have to end that part as he posted a link to the photo from another site. Dan, you have the contest question right in your first post...per the rules you can only guess once a day...so you get the first one. Congrats! (Your second post, though correct...does not count) :first:

Aninjaforallseasons got the year wrong, but guessed the "what they are doing" part first... :second:

So, with that, I am going to break the prizes up...

To keep this going...if at all possible...or at least for another 15+/- minutes...BONUS #2 Has not been answered.

Whoever can tell me the answer to that first...(still only one guess per day...and Aninjaforallseasons & dahu are out for the day...)...I will end the contest and we end up with three winners!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW, no one has the answer to Bonus 2 right...yet...

I am not necessarily referring to just the "boys" in the photo...as there are more men in this pic than kids...but to everyone...what were they called?

I will post once the correct answer has been given...otherwise...keep on guessing!

Hopefully, this one will be pretty hard...but the answer is out there...

Hint: There are no "country" boundaries to the answer.

I was quiet surprised...

·
Registered
573 Posts
yay! thanks for a very cool contest!

Please split the first place (6 cigars) with Derek, without the quick mishap he would have won. I'll take my 3 with a big smile on my face! Thanks again for the contest, and congrats on the 500 posts and year anny!

·
The Karate Squid
10,140 Posts
^No need to do that!

I just wanted it to be known that I did havethe correct answer. Tommy, please ensure Dan gets his entire prize.

Which, while I'm at it, it should also be noted that while I got the answer to the first bonus right, Dan got it right and didn't mistype the year, he gave the correct answer... which means, based on the rules he's the first to qualify for both prizes. So he should get all 7 sticks!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^No need to do that!

I just wanted it to be known that I did havethe correct answer. Tommy, please ensure Dan gets his entire prize.

Which, while I'm at it, it should also be noted that while I got the answer to the first bonus right, Dan got it right and didn't mistype the year, he gave the correct answer... which means, based on the rules he's the first to qualify for both prizes. So he should get all 7 sticks!
I agree Derek! Props to you Dan for your big heart...but I'd have to go with Derek on this one...I think I can get something together...but who knows, maybe no-one gets the 2nd bonus right (Come on others...TRY!) and tomorrow...one of you do!

Props to you both...

Derek, so sorry about the mistype on your part...I've done it before...thinking for days I had won something...until the contest ended...and I was WRONG due to one number I had mistyped...I feel your pain!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BTW, no one has the answer to Bonus 2 right...yet...

I am not necessarily referring to just the "boys" in the photo...as there are more men in this pic than kids...but to everyone...what were they called?

I will post once the correct answer has been given...otherwise...keep on guessing!

Hopefully, this one will be pretty hard...but the answer is out there...

Hint: There are no "country" boundaries to the answer.

I was quiet surprised...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts