Cigar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a collector of many things but this one got me stumped. It's a interesting piece and the reason I ended up buying it at a estate sale. I found it interesting that it was marked "german" and not Germany or made in Germany. I thought maybe because it was part of the original German dynasty but it's far to magnetic to be. As far as I understand all of that stuff was silver. The only other thing I learned was Germany stoppped using inscription that did not say made in germany about 126 years ago. Unfortunately I could not find a maker's mark after looking it over throughly with many different magnification. If anyone has seen this before and could enlighten me further I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for looking everyone. I hope to find out more about it. But unfortunately I'm still unsure about the year this was made and why "german" and not germany or made in germany . Hope everyone is having a great educational day. A fool thinks they know all. A person who understands you learn something new everyday. Will find you don't stop learning until your gone. Don't ever stop educated yourself.

·
Retired Chaos Designer
11,658 Posts
I don’t know anything about it but its a great piece, haven’t seen any like it before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts