Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anbody heard of this one? I had one in Savannah, GA. A Civil War themed cigar made in the Connecticut Valley with Connecticut binder.
I'm still a new smoker, but I thought this was awesome.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Re: Od Powder Keg

Welcome!

Old Powder Keg huh? I thought that was LeafHog after burritos. ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts

Havent tried these yet but am going to make it a point to take a ride to Enfield (about 40 minutes away) and go through the store. This place had a booth at the Big E, a month long fair for all the states in New England, and he had a really nice selection of some very nice looking sticks. He had an old Cuban guy hand rolling right there and he would custom make sticks to your liking.

·
Registered
583 Posts

A customer gave me one of these last week and I liked it. Very similar to La Aroma De Cuba. The band looked very grassroots, almost like it was printed on somebody's computer (wasn't glossy or anything fancy). It was medium-full bodied and peppery, but not overwhelmingly so. Construction was good, burn was straight, and the ash was solid.

I'm not sure how much they go for. I'd only consider buying them myself based on their price compared to La Aroma De Cuba.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: Old Powder Keg

I finally got to smoke one this past weekend and while it is a solid and tasty cigar I dont think it quite lives up to the reputation they try and give it. I was expecting a Joya de Nicaragua on steroids and instead this was one or two steps behind it in flavor and strength.

However, if you get the chance definately try thier fresh rolled and buy several. They are absolutely fantastic. Like smoking dessert.

·
Duke of prunes
537 Posts
Re: Old Powder Keg

pierce652 said:
I finally got to smoke one this past weekend and while it is a solid and tasty cigar I dont think it quite lives up to the reputation they try and give it. I was expecting a Joya de Nicaragua on steroids and instead this was one or two steps behind it in flavor and strength.

However, if you get the chance definately try thier fresh rolled and buy several. They are absolutely fantastic. Like smoking dessert.

Actually that would be a little more appealing to me!!!
:bx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.