Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Misplaced
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was surfing and came upon this thing on HSN (go figure).

http://kitchen-dining.hsn.com/char-...l Big Easy Oil-Less Turkey Fryer Item: 261081

It looks pretty cool, but I don't know how the bird will taste vs. fried in peanut oil. I enjoy making fried turkeys, and eating them of course, but I wonder if this thing would lead me to make more birds throughout the year. It's obviously safer, but the inherent danger of a 5 gallon couldron of boiling oil gives me a rush...or could be the beer...

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Was surfing and came upon this thing on HSN (go figure).

http://kitchen-dining.hsn.com/char-...l Big Easy Oil-Less Turkey Fryer Item: 261081

It looks pretty cool, but I don't know how the bird will taste vs. fried in peanut oil. I enjoy making fried turkeys, and eating them of course, but I wonder if this thing would lead me to make more birds throughout the year. It's obviously safer, but the inherent danger of a 5 gallon couldron of boiling oil gives me a rush...or could be the beer...
You just happened upon the home shopping network? Yeah right, you're as bad as an old lady, sitting in front of the TV watching the shows in your slippers and night gown, one hand on the phone waiting to call.

Just kidding, or am I? :tg

Seriously though, that's pretty cool. I wish someone had a review or something on it. :tu

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
pretty sure that would be te new fangled technology called "roasting"

;)

Cool that they modified the burner style, though.
Hmmm......... coffee roasting????
I agree. How can they call it a fryer? And did anyone see the video? What kind of dumbass lights his fryer first then adds the oil?

·
Sacred cows taste best
1,040 Posts
"The simple explanation is that infrared energy penetrates the meat…as well as creating a very high temperature that "sears" the outside to hold the moisture in. Unlike microwaves which activate water, the infrared acts upon the proteins."

I think I'd stay with frying or my convection oven.

·
Block Watcher
3,995 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.