Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
<lifted from article>
...brought an influx of people into areas where the apes live. With this often comes a thriving bushmeat trade
</lift>

BUSHMEAT??!? It's bad enough to eat gorilla, but to name it bushmeat?

Let's see:
fish eggs = caviar
snails = escargot
fried squid = calamari
raw fish = sashimi
gorilla = bushmeat

No real exotic cover-up naming on the gorilla meat is there? You know what your getting with that name.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrrrr...

I guess they don't remember "Planet of the Apes" ;)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This time when the apes take over, they will all be smoking cigars....well, except for those in a Group Buy. (Couldn't resist...sorry!)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
The drop in Lowland Gorilla numbers is probably due to the unfriendly smoking environment that is happening throughout the country! :mad:

BTW - That gorilla's pic in the article kinda looked like me (if I would lose some weight!)! :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Article said:
Numbers of the eastern lowland gorilla have plummeted by more than 70% over the past decade, scientists say.
I guess with the boom over, it was bound to happen :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
"Gorillas are slow reproducers. This has to be a long-term focus," Dr Patrick Mehlman, director of Africa programmes for Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International, told BBC News Online

Oh, dear!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.