Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know quite where to post this (none of the other boards seem to fit this particular question) ....

Anyway, I was wondering whether it will do to leave a couple of boxes of newly-arrived MC's "out and about" so to speak. We've had a particularly rainy few days here in Vancouver and the temperature/humidity hovers around 66F/60%. I think they'll survive in their own boxes for a few days, correct?

The reason I have to do this is a lingering smell of varnish coming from the new humi. It is not particularly strong, yet it's there (smells sort of sweet) and would affect the cigars, I suppose. So that has to be aired out before they can be safely stored there.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I think they will be fine. Just make sure they sit in the Humi for awhile before you smoke one.

:pu

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am still trying to get rid of the faint odor ... has anyone else experienced this "varnish smell" problem? I am trying to air it out of the humi, but that's taking some time. At the rate it's going, I might need to build some emergency tupperdors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts