Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All wizened gorillas, my local smoke shop carries a line of cigars called Trilogys by a maker named Alec Bradley. They are roughly 3-sided,which I guess is the origin of the name. I have smoked both the coroho and natural cameroon wrapper and enjoyed them both. Anyone else encountered these, and would the shape classify them as a figurado? Also, is there a handy dandy pocket guide to cigars out there along the lines of,say...Bob Kleins "The Beer Lovers Rating Guide"? For those of you unfamiliar it provides thumbnail reviews of approximately 1500 brews and state and country location of breweries in a compact easily carried format. Invaluable resource for lovers of good beer, by the way. Anything like that available in the cigar world? FrankB

·
Registered
76 Posts
:u :u Frank, I saw a book something along those lines in a bookstore once, so I know it would be available. I heard a guy talking about the Trilogy cigar once and he was raving about how good it "felt to hold." I think it would be considered a weird "box press" rather than a figurado.:u

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
FrankB,

Welcome to Club Stogie!

Buy the 2003 edition of Perelman's Pocket Cyclopedia of Cigars. There is one for Cuban cigars and another for non-Cuban cigars. Rich Perelman updates the non-Cuban book annually and the Cuban one every 2-3 years.

The Pocket Cyclopedia is probably the most complete reference for cigars currently sold. The book will tell you where the cigar is manufactured, the origin of the filler, binder, and wrapper tobaccos, all the shapes and dimensions produced for a particular brand, and a little information about the manufacturer or distributor of the brand. There are no ratings, only specs on the cigars.

The book is available from many online retailers such as Holt's or on Amazon.com.

...rjs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts