Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, went to go see this movie this past weekend and I was very impressed. The reviews I had read from critics were just horrible. Most of the reviews were filled with words like "overly-ambitious" and "boring". I went into it expecting a horrible sequel. I really liked the original rat-pack Ocean's 11 and I was very happy with the remake of it.

The remake of Ocean's 11 tried to hold pretty true to the style and feel of the original and it even had that sauve Dean Martin/Sinatra vibe to it. Well, Ocean's 12 changes up the style a bit by including some of the new school camera work and quick cuts and infusing it with the tempo of the older 40's and 50's Cary Grant spy movies. It was really fun. Ocean's 12 turned up the cool meter a couple of notches with Brad Pitt and George Clooney laying it on thick. It did seem that some of the characters were a little too cool even for themselves. However the film was very entertaining and fun to watch.

Scenery was great, camera work had that Guy Ritchie / Lock Stock feel to it. Soundtrack was good. Acting was top shelf, script was not too solid but it carried its own well. I liked it and would recommend it to all my friends at Club Stogie.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Thanks for the review Lacivious.....so many movies I want to go see.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
LasciviousXXX said:
Wow, went to go see this movie this past weekend and I was very impressed. The reviews I had read from critics were just horrible. Most of the reviews were filled with words like "overly-ambitious" and "boring". I went into it expecting a horrible sequel. I really liked the original rat-pack Ocean's 11 and I was very happy with the remake of it.

The remake of Ocean's 11 tried to hold pretty true to the style and feel of the original and it even had that sauve Dean Martin/Sinatra vibe to it. Well, Ocean's 12 changes up the style a bit by including some of the new school camera work and quick cuts and infusing it with the tempo of the older 40's and 50's Cary Grant spy movies. It was really fun. Ocean's 12 turned up the cool meter a couple of notches with Brad Pitt and George Clooney laying it on thick. It did seem that some of the characters were a little too cool even for themselves. However the film was very entertaining and fun to watch.

Scenery was great, camera work had that Guy Ritchie / Lock Stock feel to it. Soundtrack was good. Acting was top shelf, script was not too solid but it carried its own well. I liked it and would recommend it to all my friends at Club Stogie.
I loved it. Hope to see it again soon so that I can pick up on all the subtle nuances that I missed the first time. The story was just sooo juicy.

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep 1f1fan a lot of quick cuts and overlapping lead in type stuff. Really cool when you mix it with the fast paced tempo of the movie.

Oh also earlier I forgot to mention how great the dialogue is. Ultra cool and smart with almost a Tarantino-esque style. You actually feel as if most of the dialogue was improvised and was so good that they left it in. The actors looked like they felt very comfortable in their roles. It was reminiscent of the original Ocean's 11 because all the Rat-Pack did was get drunk and say whatever they wanted during filming, and it turned out great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.