Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G-Man won my last 2 contests - are you guys going to roll over and let him steamroll ya?

I sent him, as prizes, incredible cigars; we're talking a wholesale price of at least $2.66. OK, that was retail price, but he got them nonetheless.

I just received a box from famoussmoke today, actually it was items won on cigarauctioneer. In any case, the total for the smokes (not including shipping) was $26.85. That gives you a general idea of what I bought. I'll give you another hint. I bought three types of cigars, 4 items in total (i.e., I bought two of one item, and one of two others). An item might be, for example, a 5er of cigars. All items contain tobacco.

The contest will last one week and I will post hints daily, or more often if I'm bored. Guess once a day or after any additional hints I provide.

Your mission is to guess what cigars I bought. The prize will be that I will send you one of the items that I bought two of. Unless of course I try them and really like them, in that case I'll probably roll up some kitty litter and......nah, too much trouble, the winner will definately win one of the items received.

Oh heck, lets get more hints in here.

I actually have not had any of these cigars before. Oh, I've had cigars from the three different manufacturers, and even from the same cigar family (i.e., X000 series, 1964, and 1926 are 3 families of Padron cigars), but not the exact same size, brand, and family cigar.

One of the items is from a Dominican source and has a Honduran Talanga wrapper with Domi, Nic, Mexican and Brazilian inside.

One of the items is from a Dominican source and has a Dominican tobacco with Connecticut seed, Ecuadorian shade wrapper. These came in a box. Apparently they use a little different aging technique for the tobacco compared to normal. That might be marketing BS, dunno, but thats what they say.

The last item(s) were boxes of a Maduro blended in DR with DR Piloto Cubano, Peruvian ligero and Nic tobaccos, a Nic binder and a Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrapper.

Good luck, play clean. No fightin', no gougin', no scratchin'......OK, you can scratch yourself while playing, but not others....

G-Man can play but not win this contest....kinda like an NCAA violation?

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glovepuppy said:
Thanks for another great contest.

1 box Arturo Fuente Spanish Lonsdale
1 box Olor Fuerte Corona
2 boxes Onyx Reserve #4

:w
Whoo hoo that Onyx reserve No. 4 is a nice looking cigar. In those tins ..... man I'm going to have to buy some of those. They run 11 bucks a pak at JR, I wish I could have snagged one of those on the auction site I visited but I didn't. I'll tell you what, though, Its pretty amazing to me how closely the composition of the Onyx reserve matches item number 3.

From JR:

"The Onyx Reserve is a new blend of the traditional Onyx series. Fuller in body and richer in flavor, this cigar is comprised of a complex blend of Dominican, Nicaraguan, and Peruvian long-filler tobaccos wrapped in a coal-black Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper - a very satisfying cigar. "

My cigar(s) are "DR Piloto Cubano, Peruvian ligero and Nic tobaccos, a Nic binder and a Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrapper."

Hmmmm.......

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had one of the first cigars with Honduran wrapper tonight. Man, nice extreme box press, flavor was too light for me to be interested in a box, but they were as well made as anything I've had in a long time.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Since no one else is attempting I guess I will. First off thanks for the contest.

1 five pack of Helix X748
1 five pack of Creme De Jamaica Corona
2 singles of Plasencia Reserva Organica Churchill

these are just wild guesses, but you never know.

-Steve

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MM2(SW)S said:
Since no one else is attempting I guess I will. First off thanks for the contest.

1 five pack of Helix X748
1 five pack of Creme De Jamaica Corona
2 singles of Plasencia Reserva Organica Churchill

these are just wild guesses, but you never know.

-Steve
Never had cigars from any of those manufacturers.

Here are my actual costs, I will put the cigars in order that I described them above:

Cigar one: One 5 pak of YYYYYY $6.95 (great box press on these guys)
Cigar two: One box of 4 XXXXX $12.00
Cigar three: Two tins of ZZZZ @ 3.95 each $7.90
Total $26.85

·
Registered
734 Posts
Okay, okay, I can't win, but let me say thanks again for the first two contests. I received the second group yesterday.

Here is my guess, for the fun of it........

Don Tomas Dominican Selection Lonsdale
El Rico Habano Rico Club
La Flor Dominicana Mojitos

I may not can win, but how about a little ring gauge bump for the effort?

Haha. Good Luck everyone!

·
Registered
882 Posts
The first guess was just an off the wall quess. This one is for the win :)

Cigar one: One 5 pak of Don Tomas Dominican Corona 5 Pack $6.95 (great box press on these guys)
Cigar two: One box of 4 Padron 3000 $12.00
Cigar three: Two tins of Onyx Reserve Mini (8) @ 3.95 each $7.90
Total $26.85

Did I get win or at least go closer this time?

Thanks once again for the contest.

-Steve

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MM2(SW)S said:
The first guess was just an off the wall quess. This one is for the win :)

Cigar one: One 5 pak of Don Tomas Dominican Corona 5 Pack $6.95 (great box press on these guys)
Cigar two: One box of 4 Padron 3000 $12.00
Total $26.85

Did I get win or at least go closer this time?

Thanks once again for the contest.

-Steve
Steve, yeah you're close. You're damned close. One is dead on. One guess is a little short and a little narrow, the other is left field (the one that has the 'special aging' or some other marketing gibberish). As I didn't buy any Nic cigars, the Padrons don't fit.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Cigar one: One 5 pak of Don Tomas Dominican Churchill 5 Pack $6.95 (great box press on these guys)
Cigar two: One box of Fonseca Vintage Robusto (4) (4) $12.00
Total $26.85 :al

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MM2(SW)S said:
Cigar one: One 5 pak of Don Tomas Dominican Churchill 5 Pack $6.95 (great box press on these guys)
Cigar two: One box of Fonseca Vintage Robusto (4) (4) $12.00
Total $26.85 :al
Man, knocking on the door.
One guess is too short, one guess is now too long. Take a look at the DTD cigar vitolas that are available as well as the FV.
May the force be with you my son.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Cigar one: One 5 pak of Don Tomas Dominican Corona Gorda $6.95 (great box press on these guys)
Cigar two:Box of 4 of Fonseca Vintage Cetros (4) Natural $12.00

Did I get it right, or is the force still out of my reach? I just need to concentrat on it, right?

-Steve

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MM2(SW)S said:
Cigar one: One 5 pak of Don Tomas Dominican Corona Gorda $6.95 (great box press on these guys)
Cigar two:Box of 4 of Fonseca Vintage Cetros (4) Natural $12.00

Did I get it right, or is the force still out of my reach? I just need to concentrat on it, right?

-Steve
DING DING DING DING
We have a winner

Steve PM me your address and I'll get the prize shipped to you early next week.

Congrats and thanks for playing!
Sean

·
Registered
37 Posts
What if we take your simon champ status? What do we win?

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
riz713 said:
What if we take your simon champ status? What do we win?
I'm so pathetic at the other arcade games, the only ones I don't completely stink at are Simon and walking the drunk guy, and even in that one I'm miles away from first place. I think I must have missed out on Pacman as a kid.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I WON!!!! :) :w :D

Thanks for the contest, I guess it is kind of easy to win when you are the only one guessing :) Anyhow thanks again this is a perfect end to a great weekend.

SeanGAR I PM you with my info I am still in shock over the luck I am having.

-Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.