Cigar Forums banner

Noobie Sampler Trade

331K views 10K replies 662 participants last post by  OneStrangeOne 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
.......:smoke2:Newbie Sampler Trade (NST):smoke2:

Eligibility Requirements

New Puffer (aka: NP) - NPs are new members with less than 3 months active participation on the board that have Private Messaging privileges (granted after 5 days, 10 posts)
-Members can participate ONCE as a New Puffer.
-NPs are encouraged to participate as Friendly Trading Puffers after they been a member for more than 3 months.

Friendly Trading Puffer (aka: FTP)- Established members with more than 6 months active participation on the board.

What is the Newbie Sampler Trade?

1.) Simply put, Establisted members (FTPs) offer to exchange a sampler of cigars with New Puffers (NPs).
2) The NP sends his/her package first to establish their status as a good faith participant on this board. This is to ensure that someone doesn't register for the simple purpose of 'mooching' cigars from the established members of this board. The NP should also give the FTP an idea of cigars that they enjoy. NPs should keep the value of their package to no more than about $60 (minimum of 5 cigars, max of 8.)
3) FTPs then send cigars worth a little more than what they receive. NP's are treated well in these trades. It should also be noted that newbie trades are NOT the appropriate place to send your "dog rockets" or cigars you would like to dispose of - from either end.
4.) It is also not the intention of this thread to see who can send the biggest or best package. Let's keep it fun and reasonable.
5.) Participants are encouraged to post pictures of the cigars they receive so that the NP gets credit for their effort, and the FTP is held accountable for sending quality cigars.
6) This is intended to be a one-sided trade. NPs should not try to "win". Please stick to the quantity and price guidelines.
7) Reminder to all participants: These trades are watched by the population of the forum at large.

The Rules

• Members post their desire to participate in the NST, either as an NP or FTP.
  • After being placed on the list, the NP will contact the FTP on the list (the one matching their number) to initiate a trade. ( If the New Puffers do not make contact with their trading partner within 3 day of signing up, they will be removed from the list and will have to sign up again in order to participate.)
  • The NP will post in this thread that they've contacted the FTP.
  • The next NP will contact the next FTP down the list and so on.
  • The NST Admin. will update the list and status of the trades on a regular basis.

The Process

1) The NP packages and sends their cigars (be sure your package includes your return address)
2) NP posts that the package is en route (preferably with a DC/Tracking Number)
3) Upon receipt of the package, the FTP acknowledges receipt (preferably with a picture)
4) FTP leaves trader feedback for the NP.
5) The FTP will post that the return package is en route (preferably with a DC/Tracking Number).
6) Upon receipt of the package, the NP will acknowledge receipt (preferably with a picture).
7) NP leaves trader feedback for the FTP.
8.) Finally, the Newbie and FTP relax in the comfort of a well completed trade... and enjoy their cigars!

See less See more
#2 ·
Completed

Underway
Michigan_Moose + johnb
Danfish98 + Naduals
Rocker06 + Kruz
Packerjh + jheiliger
Kapathy + jaysalti
bazookajoe8 + BaconStrips
Cigar Noob + SystemError
ouirknotamuzd + sleepyguy5757

Friendly Trading Puffers

1. skfr518
2. ten08
3. lostdog13
4. the_brain

New Puffers

1. dmeguy
2. jobes2007
3. upandcoming
4. meatcake

-- Above this line you're active. PM your corresponding number to get started. --

FTP in waiting

NP in waiting

#9,763 ·
This is just great! I look forward to joining this community. I kind of came in all willy nilly, guns blazing; and for that, I do apologize. I tend to get rather excited at the prospect of making new friends who share my interests and pursuits (hi-fi, tapes, cigars, wrenching on vehicles, diy, and so on). I'll slow it down a bit while organizing a fun sampler in anticipation of that day.
At the end of the day, (within reason) a smoke is a smoke... Mood, setting situation, and circumstance have almost as much influence as the smoke itself, but all of the mirth and good weather in the world can't turn a dog into a bearable smoke.

#6 ·
Originally Posted by the_brain

Originally Posted by atllogix

I'm ready to see this...has the time away increased the strength, or will the jetlag have an effect on the next one.

Brain: if you have to ask, then it proves you a noob... Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war

Pinky: Narf, BOOM!!! Save his soul... Jonathan we want him too...
I can't be had anymore! :sorry:

#8 ·
I got Bazooka Joe's package today. All I can say is that i am shocked! Seriously...Really Joe!? You basically sent me everything that was on my wish list and some smokes i love. You really wanted to fry up some bacon...you deffinatley acheived that. I cant stop looking at them all like...seriously...he really sent me all these??!!! Well Joe, my humidors are both stuffed full as i await the seasoning to finish on my new cabinet humidor, its a good thing i got that yesterday too other wise Id be screwed. I cant say thank you enough...and Joe...I got my eye on you...this means war.

View attachment 68273

#12 ·
Got my package from System Error. Was a little concerned when I heard the cigars loosely bouncing around in there but damage was minimal.

- Oliva G
- H upmann vintage cameroon
-RyJ reserva real
- 2 unbanded sticks.

(will put a pic up later, and will post DC once his package is ready to go out)

#13 ·
Jonathan....I know I can't speak for the rest of my fellow FTP's and all the Noobs, but I think you have done an outstanding job as keeper of this thread....not many people have the patience and good humor to put up with us maniacs, but you're really good at it, so thank you for what you do for the NST.

I know...it's a little mushy for me, but you deserve to know that what you do is appreciated.

#15 ·
Jonathan....I know I can't speak for the rest of my fellow FTP's and all the Noobs, but I think you have done an outstanding job as keeper of this thread....not many people have the patience and good humor to put up with us maniacs, but you're really good at it, so thank you for what you do for the NST.

I know...it's a little mushy for me, but you deserve to know that what you do is appreciated.
I always appreciate hearing this even though I feel that the FTPs are what keep this thing moving along, not I. Without exceedingly generous guys like yourself (and the countless others that have been FTPs throughout the course of this threads history) there is no thread for me to update. This was a great experience for me as a NP, and I want all NPs that follow to have just as good of an experience and an incredibly welcoming experience to this great forum. This trade thread and forum have been around for a while and will continue to do so based on the great members. I'm thankful that the participants and the MODs have allowed me to update this thread.

Enough with the mushy stuff Pete.... Let's eff up some noobs!

#18 ·
So are the dog and i to pm? I can't start a pm on my phone only reply to them so if were supposed to pm can you message me dog?
NP.

+1 You make the Narwhal proud Jonathan, and we all greatly appreciate all that you do.

#21 ·
OK, so I am late in posting the results. Sorry about that. Dan sent me some awesomeness in my return smokes. Some from my higher and lower side of wish list and a few that I hadn't known about too. And seriously, 2007 and 2009 date stamps. Thank you sir. I am sure I will enjoy them immensely.

World Font Publication Technology Space
Cosmetics Material property Office supplies Tints and shades Font