Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you a noob?

My definition would normally mean somebody without bananas, but I realize that Dave's Junior Fluffmeisters has been rapidly collecting members and there are those who have been here less than a month with multiple bunches of nanners. I'll therefore define a noob as somebody who registered in 2005.

So here is the contest, first the prize: I will send the winner a pile of cigars that should qualify as a certified grade A bomb. What it may not have in quality, it will certainly have in quantity. There will be nothing in there that I don't personally enjoy and I promise you'll be running for a bigger humidor.

Here are the rules. First person to answer the questions correctly wins. I am the sole judge.

The questions are designed to get you reading. Yes, this isn't a "guess a number from one to 10" type contest, it is a get reading contest designed to learn you up something about this place.

Post answers below.

1. What is Mo's cats name?
2. What cigars does Mo's cat apparently like.
3. What is LOLH?
4. What is an Edisonador? Where did it get its name?
5. What was Poker's favorite cigar in early 2002?
6. Name five members who registered before 1998.
7. What is PDS's first name?
8. Whose son graduated from UNC with a 3.95 GPA?
9. Who was the 1000th member?
10. Whose cabinet is shown below?
11. Who gave Mo the man a polished turd?
12. Does MattK have a hidden humidor?
13. Who got greedy stealing credits just after joining?
14. Which member was most recently married?
15. Who was the first to review Rafael Gonzales Slenderellas?
16. And finally, name 2 members who passed away. Go to your humidor, take out your best smoke, and smoke it in their honor.

And that, folks, is all.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Cool contest!

Guess I'm disqualified, huh?! :rolleyes: :cool:

G

·
Done. Do I post the answers here or should I PM them?

edit:

Just noticed it said post answers below, just hope I got them all right, wouldn't want to pull a Jeopardy

Contestant 1: "Jell-o Alex."
Alex: "That is incorrect."
Cotestant 2: "What is jell-o Alex?"
Alex "That is right, you are our new Jeopardy champion."

Okay here are my final answers:

1. Einstein
2. Cohiba Millenium Piramides
3. Land of Lincoln Herf
4. A Wine Chiller converted to a humidor. Edisonbird.
5. Partagas Selection Privada #1 (he also listed cuban Davidoffs & H Upmann Club Epicures)
6. PDS, flipflop, Matt R, Lamar, Filly
7. I hope you mean PDS... and it's Paul.
8. fliflop
9. Golfgoose
10. Bruce5
11. Bruce5
12. Yes he does.
13. PaulHag
14. LasciviousXXX
15. sgoselin
16. Cashcow, hoyo#9

·
Registered
252 Posts
I will answer as many as i can....as a legitimate noob i cannot answer all of them...oops...

1. What is Mo's cats name?
2. What cigars does Mo's cat apparently like.
3. What is LOLH?
4. What is an Edisonador? Where did it get its name?
5. What was Poker's favorite cigar in early 2002?
6. Name five members who registered before 1998.
7. What is PDF's first name?
8. Whose son graduated from UNC with a 3.95 GPA?
9. Who was the 1000th member?
10. Whose cabinet is shown below?
11. Who gave Mo the man a polished turd?
12. Does MattK have a hidden humidor?
13. Who got greedy stealing credits just after joining?
14. Which member was most recently married?
15. Who was the first to review Rafael Gonzales Slenderellas?
16. And finally, name 2 members who passed away. Go to your humidor, take out your best smoke, and smoke it in their honor.

1. einstein
2. all of them of course.
3.lolh? land of lincoln herf.
4. an edisonador is a frigador....or a humidor made out of an old refrigerator or a wine cooler....edisonbird?
5. Partagas Selection Privada #1??? thats what i found...
6.before 1998..i really have to think now...PDS, Poker, OnePyroTech, Lamar, JSL, Justso, Jkeats, RJS, FlipFlop, Duffer, Matt R..that should be enough.

7. pdf....who the hell is pdf????
8.could not find with the search engine....
9. there are not 1000 members...only 725 by my count????
10. i forgot to look at the picture.....shit.....
11. Bruce5
12. most likely....if it was hidden however we would not know about it....trick question!!!
13. everyone who joins tries it at least once! santa did it alot but isnt a newb... paulhag tried it quite a bit.
14. lasciviousXXX did.....but.....who knows who else??
15. sgoselin.....??
16. Cashcow, hoyo#9....this is a somber note to end a contest on. :(

edit....searches revealed a few more answers

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
SeanGAR said:
1. What is Mo's cats name? Einstein

2. What cigars does Mo's cat apparently like. Partags Chicos

3. What is LOLH? Land of Lincoln Herf

4. What is an Edisonador? Where did it get its name? converted wine cooler; Edisonbird
5. What was Poker's favorite cigar in early 2002? Partagas Selection Privada #1
6. Name five members who registered before 1998. poker, jsl, sgoselin, duffer, justso
7. What is PDF's first name? paul

8. Whose son graduated from UNC with a 3.95 GPA? flipflop

9. Who was the 1000th member? isn't one

10. Whose cabinet is shown below? Bruce5

11. Who gave Mo the man a polished turd? Bruce5

12. Does MattK have a hidden humidor? yes

13. Who got greedy stealing credits just after joining? paulhag

14. Which member was most recently married? lascaviousxxx

15. Who was the first to review Rafael Gonzales Slenderellas? sgoselin

16. And finally, name 2 members who passed away. Go to your humidor, take out your best smoke, and smoke it in their honor. Cashcow, hoyo#9

And that, folks, is all.
WHOOHOOO!!!

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I must say that the search function works better than I expected but that the people who answered put a lot of effort into this.

My providing a winning set of answers minutes before the competition .... the winner ... is.... RumblePen.

Because jgrimball, Hollywood and JustAYoungMC also answered, they will win consolation prizes which will include a selection of cigars. "Everybody's a winner".

So gentlemen, PM me your addresses and I will get these out to you shortly.

I will note that Nely was my original answer to the credit pilfering noob (CPN), but on analysis it seems we have multiple CPNs, and PaulHag has the distinction of being one as well.

Congrats to RumblePen.

SeanGAR

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
SeanGAR said:
I will note that Nely was my original answer to the credit pilfering noob (CPN), but on analysis it seems we have multiple CPNs, and PaulHag has the distinction of being one as well.

Congrats to RumblePen.

SeanGAR
And a fine job Nely did as pennance for his thievery.

Nice contest Sean

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
SeanGAR said:
My providing a winning set of answers minutes before the competition .... the winner ... is.... RumblePen.
Sean,

you gonna post all the correct answers for us then. I guess it was the first response, not the correct one that won!? :tg

JK. hey you can snd my share of the loot to one of the real noobs. i think they can use some humidor busting packages. it was a great group of questions, and a fun contest. Thanks! :D

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hollywood said:
Sean,

you gonna post all the correct answers for us then. I guess it was the first response, not the correct one that won!? :tg

JK. hey you can snd my share of the loot to one of the real noobs. i think they can use some humidor busting packages. it was a great group of questions, and a fun contest. Thanks! :D
The answers that rumblepen posted were the ones that I was expecting, with the exception of PaulHag, but that was determined to be correct upon careful scrutiny by a panel of distinguished judges. PDS was a typo, I think most people realized that. There was a 1000th member, golfgoose, but Paul culls the list from time to time to remove inactive or dead accounts, so even if there isn't one now, there was one. PMme your addy anyhow.....you may need a slight smack for insolence with that :tg !

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
SeanGAR said:
The answers that rumblepen posted were the ones that I was expecting, with the exception of PaulHag, but that was determined to be correct upon careful scrutiny by a panel of distinguished judges. PDS was a typo, I think most people realized that. There was a 1000th member, golfgoose, but Paul culls the list from time to time to remove inactive or dead accounts, so even if there isn't one now, there was one. PMme your addy anyhow.....you may need a slight smack for insolence with that :tg !
Hey don't sass me mister! You smack me you know i'm gonna have to smack ya back! :bx PM sent. :D

BTW:
Einstein smokes Partagas Chicos according to MO!! :tg LOOK!

·
Registered
668 Posts
SeanGAR said:
nice contest...........glad to see Marlo's name (hoyo#9) in a thread one more time

he was/is one of my best friends. :)

:cool:

·
Registered
668 Posts
he smoked cigarettes only and I turned him on to cigars a few years ago.

we've always been active on the boards and he's the one who told me about CS.

he was a cool dude......one of the nicest guys I've ever met. :cool:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.