Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Quintero smoke in a sampler from JRCigar, roughly 6 1/2" by 60 ring. Best damn smoke for me ever! Problem is, JR doesn't carry them and after searching the web for hours, I cannot find these beauties anywhere! The band has the image of a woman down to her bust, with long brown hair and a flower in her right ear. Has anyone heard of these, or smoked one? I would like to know where to purchase them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Sorry, I've never heard of them. Did it say on the band where they are made? What was the flavor profile?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I also received 2 samplers from JR's (they came with boxes of Brazilias). Each sampler included 5 big fat 6x56 "super toro's" Brands were:

Quintero
La Corona
Maria Guererro
Gispert
Saint Luis Rey

All were made in Honduras by Altadis. I suspect Altadis is just using their ownership stake in Habanos to bring some "cuban" brands to the USA. I have not tried the Quintero yet. Not sure where to get them.

Goat Locker

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I've seen the new non-Cuban Quintero on www.cigarbid.com for a month or two now. If cigarbid has them, then it stands to reason that you could purchase them from www.cigarsinternational.com.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I have shyed away because of the huge ring gauge.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Well, I looked & cigarbid doesn't have any in the auction at present. Cigars International does not show them in the stock list either. Give cigarbid a call....800-830-4590. I'll just bet they've had them recently.
I also did a Google & found all kinds of Cuban Quintero, but no non ISOM. :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.