Cigar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
has anyone here had a problem with paypal?
i personally have not, and have used it both ways, paying and getting paid. i don't like the fees they charge to accept a payment, but at least i could take a payment by credit card.
jimmy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: PayPal

Been using it for years without a problem. Fees are really any worse for a retailer than normal credit card processing fees.

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Ive had 1 problem with them... a person accidentally sent a payment to me by mistake. Upon recieving notification of the payment I immediately refunded the money & sent that person an email explaining what had happened & that I refunded the money. Well a month goes by and I get an email from this person telling me that Im trying to rip her off and this and that and I need to refund her money to her. So I pull up all the transactions, emails, etc. and forward them to her and Paypal and explain that I am only trying to be a nice guy and that this is not my fault in the 1st place... so, ends up Paypal screwed up... not only by sending her payment to me in error, but by losing the refunded money i sent back to her, charging me transaction fees, and deleting all records of the transactions- even though I have the emails stating the transactions took place... lovely eh?

·
hut hunter
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very lovely

nero said:
Ive had 1 problem with them... a person accidentally sent a payment to me by mistake. Upon recieving notification of the payment I immediately refunded the money & sent that person an email explaining what had happened & that I refunded the money. Well a month goes by and I get an email from this person telling me that Im trying to rip her off and this and that and I need to refund her money to her. So I pull up all the transactions, emails, etc. and forward them to her and Paypal and explain that I am only trying to be a nice guy and that this is not my fault in the 1st place... so, ends up Paypal screwed up... not only by sending her payment to me in error, but by losing the refunded money i sent back to her, charging me transaction fees, and deleting all records of the transactions- even though I have the emails stating the transactions took place... lovely eh?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow,
I just sat back and read many of the complaints and such posted on that site it does seem that many folks have had a nasty go of it with PayPal.
I dont find it strange that this can happen, I find it strange that I have escaped the mistakes. Ussually Im the guy who encounters the nightmares that these folks are tlaking about.

I had 1 complaint through paypals about a year and a half ago. I submitted all the propper docs and it was resolved.

THe only time I have ever had a issue is when I started using the debit card on travel. THey seem to always "cut me off" for security then I have to call the security center and verify I am the one using the card.

Im glad I still hold a regular merchant account for credit cards - its cheaper and more reliable.
Hb

M cubed Inc. Distributing.

·
hut hunter
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I havent had any trouble with paypal, I only used them once. But I stumbled onto that site and thought it would be good for people to read. This is where it gets sticky though. I dont agree with their anti 2nd policy.
jimmy said:
vito-would you mind sharing what happened to you?
jimmy

·
F.O.G. with nice smokes
1,605 Posts
I have been a member there since the start. LONG before the fees (which I thought they should have charged then) and they paid you $10 just to sign up. I have put tens of thousands of $$$ through there.

ONLY problem I have EVER had really was not their fault. I used the debit card at a place that only took debit cards no C/C's....and that place put an extra $75 holding fee on for $20.00 in gas. Being I had just made a transfer out of the account it put me in the negative.

As with any transaction, anywhere, you have to put trust into someone, so there is risk everywhere.

Just my $.02

OPT

G

·
When Pay pal first started I had a big problem and it cost me around 500 bucks. I had bid and won a Bamboo Flyrod on Ebay. The seller ask if I would use paypal so he could get paid and send to me right away. I did and three weeks later still had no flyrod so contacted seller and email account closed. Contacted paypal and they said it wasn't there problem they were the middle man. Visa stated they had paid paypal and since fraud wasn't commited by paypal they would not charge back.Ebay stated they had other complaints and list negative feedback a week later they told me sellers account was closed and unable to locate. I contacted the local police where the guy was from they said they couldn't locate the person I was SOL.:sb

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I had almost the same problem you had SteelheadBob. Only difference was the amount ($230) was less than yours. Same problem, same legwork on my end and same results you had. So I no longer have an acct with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts