Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year by this time we had some great hockey posts going with everyone supporting their favorite team. Now I'm a die hard fan but I must say I'm not missing it this year. How about you?

One good thing is without hockey the press can jump on Basketbrawl for the fighting and get off the hockey fight band wagon. It's part of the game, we love it, and it looked good on B/Ball to.

Jorgy

Now excuse me while I go tape tin foil on my knuckles for the big game tonight. Thaaaat's Hockey!!!!!

:sb

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Jorgy said:
Last year by this time we had some great hockey posts going with everyone supporting their favorite team. Now I'm a die hard fan but I must say I'm not missing it this year. How about you?

One good thing is without hockey the press can jump on Basketbrawl for the fighting and get off the hockey fight band wagon. It's part of the game, we love it, and it looked good on B/Ball to.

Jorgy

Now excuse me while I go tape tin foil on my knuckles for the big game tonight. Thaaaat's Hockey!!!!!

:sb
I am missing it alot. It is my favorite sport. I think the Nuetral zone trap SUCKS! Go Isles in 05-06 :rolleyes:

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
I'm dying over here. I miss hockey alot. It's the only sport that I really follow and without it, I'm afraid that its going to be a long winter. Normally during hockey season, I buy a 12 pack of Kings tickets and watch as many games on TV as time allows, I play fantasy hockey, listen to a station streaming from Toronto just to get hockey news and generally love the game.

I wonder why the league is blaming the players, the players said that they'd reduce contracts by 24% and the league has rejected this offer and wants a salary cap. Why don't the owners agree not to sign anymore contracts over a certain amount and let it be done. Can't the owners be trusted, they are the ones that overpayed these guys in the first place.

Just my personal opinion but :gn Gary Bettman sucks!

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm missing it hardcore. My team won the damn Cup, no fanfare, no getting to see the banner raised, nothing.

It hurts even worse since the Bucs and FSU are having mediocre (at best) seasons, the Devil Rays have spent about $1.29 on free agents and I find basketball about as fun as hitting my ankles with a hammer.

·
Registered
756 Posts
i am definitely missing it a lot too. considering it is the only sport i really enjoy and get in to.
i am glad they did not decide to come back mid season though. as a season ticket holder i think it would have been a big waste of money that i would have had to piss away to see a shell of the league in an abreviated season. i sound a little bitter i know, but it's how i feel. plus i just had a big wedding to pay for, so saving this money is a good thing right now :)

jimmy
:tpd:

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
I'm jones-ing hard for some Hockey action. Hell I'd even watch minor league games if it were available in my area. In an interview earlier this week Bettman said it might still be possible to salvage the rest of the season. HUH???? What start up now and play 10 games and whoever wins gets the cup? Bettman is an ass.

I miss my Red Wings and Caps

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
I miss hockey also. I live in Phoenix so this isn't exactly the center of the hockey world but it is amazing how there is zero talk about the lock-out. Not a word on radio. There is a core following for the Coyotes out here yet I don't hear a word. I'm worried about the sport. When no one cares that you are gone, why would they care when you come back?

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Well it sucks too cause the Coyotes just built that new arena near the end of last season. I really wanted to go see a a game in the new Glendale Arena, I hear the set-up is awesome.

I don't want to jinx it or anything but the way things are going I don't think we're gonna see a season next year either. :c

·
Registered
756 Posts
The hockey lockout and gay marriage

More than half the Americans polled by The Hockey News were surprised to
learn the league hasn't even opened for business this season. That number is
considerably lower north of the border, but even there -- if you take
much-traveled pro and amateur comedian Brett Hull at his word -- fans are
learning to make do without the NHL.
The Phoenix Coyotes star turned up on the ``Weekend Update'' segment of
``Saturday Night Live'' and was asked, as a Canadian, what he thought about
the recent landmark ruling by Canada's Supreme Court that gay marriage was
constitutional.
``That's what happens in Canada when there's no hockey,'' Hull said. ``Guys
have more time to hang out, talk about their feelings, next thing you know
they're in love with each other.
``I've got nothing against it,'' he added, ``but I'd rather be playing
hockey.''

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
I've sworn off hockey and baseball til they get their houses in order and return to some fiscal sanity; and, especially in the case of baseball, institute a drug testing policy with some "teeth."

Both NHLPA and the MLBPA are going to kill the proverbial goose that lays the golden eggs.

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
slowhand said:
I'm worried about the sport. When no one cares that you are gone, why would they care when you come back?
Right one Slowhand! That should be the headline on the sports page of next weeks Toronto Sun.

If I was an NHL player or owner and really gave any thought about that, I'd probably be throwing up :pu

·
Registered
394 Posts
I sort of wish the NBA would go on strike, too.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Aww, don't get me started on the hockey lockout again!!! :sb

All I'll say for now is that I miss hockey, big-time. I feel really bad for the businesses, too. There are a lot of 'em out there that need the NHL season to survive. And in this situation, nobody wins.

John

·
Registered
672 Posts
OK! I dont understand this hockey-crap... Are the players demanding 2 miljon dollars per month instead of 1 miljon dollars per month? Or whats it all about??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.