Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon this page while looking for...well..what else? CIGARS!!

http://merelyadequate.net/joshjellel/iFicionado/

It's a free Cigar organizational tool called Ificionado, and it has a really nice looking interface and seems to be something that would be really useful for those of you with bigger collections!

And, best of all, it's FREE! :r

EDIT:

Ah crap! After reading all of the info and downloading this, I now realize it's only for MAC!!! :c

·
Registered
681 Posts
You might want to change the link because it's not working. Im going to try and google it and see what comes up.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm...noticed that I somehow missed out on the semi-colons!! Here....

Try This Link!

Shame it's MAC only as it looks really great!!!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I'm a Mac guy myself, and I've used this program. It's fun and it looks good. It's really nice to be able to scan bands in and see the visual representation of the cigar complete with band.

My complaints are that it hasn't been updated in a loong time and it's still a little buggy. It runs slow and it does sometimes hang up. It's a great looking interface and easy to use but it can be frustrating when it doesn't respond.

I also found that I'm not the kind of guy who can really keep an accurate inventory. I smoke cigars without removing them on the computer, I don't update it right away when I get new smokes... I kind of found that trying to keep a detailed and accurate inventory was introducing too much work into my hobby.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
D. Generate said:
I kind of found that trying to keep a detailed and accurate inventory was introducing too much work into my hobby.
That's a great point. I'd hate to feel that it has become work instead of a little bit of relaxation. Thanks for the quick review.

That said though, I have to date kept a cigar diary .. simple notes with labels I saved and so on. Maybe I'll wait til version 1.0. :cool:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
txmatt said:
Hopefully the top25 cigar software is still moving along. Would love an update from our in house programmer when he gets a chance!

-Matt-
Almost ready for beta...Matt is just finishing up.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I developed my own database about three years ago, complete with images of cigar bands. To date, i have scanned and downloaded about 400+ bands, I do believe. Did it in Microsoft Access.

Grinch OUT!!!

·
Silverback
2,656 Posts
Ill give the beta a test if youll have me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes, I am almost finished. I did see a few nice features/graphics in there. This gives me a few good ideas. Nothing that will slow us down. Anyway.. I should have something to try for the beta testers in the next few days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
D. Generate said:
...My complaints are that it hasn't been updated in a loong time and it's still a little buggy. It runs slow and it does sometimes hang up. It's a great looking interface and easy to use but it can be frustrating when it doesn't respond.
I have actually had correspondence with the developer of this software and he assures me he is still working on it, when time permits. He would like to hear all comments and suggestions, so don't be afraid to tell him what you like or dislike about it!

·
Registered
394 Posts
MattK said:
Yes, I am almost finished. I did see a few nice features/graphics in there. This gives me a few good ideas. Nothing that will slow us down. Anyway.. I should have something to try for the beta testers in the next few days.
Likewise...if you don't have any testers lined up and need one, I'm game.

·
Registered
978 Posts
dagrinch said:
I developed my own database about three years ago, complete with images of cigar bands. To date, i have scanned and downloaded about 400+ bands, I do believe. Did it in Microsoft Access.

Grinch OUT!!!
Want to share a copy?

_____
rm

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
MattK said:
Hey Matt, just hoping for an update. You didn't hurt yourself in the oven did you? :D

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.