Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't inhale my cigars when I smoke them but every now and then I get a serious buzz while smoking. Is that from nicotine absorbing through my mouth or from accidentally inhaling a little bit?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've always wondered about this.
SB

·
Registered
68 Posts
Happens to me too. Usually when I forget to take a breath while blowing O's. I think its a combination of nicotine/lack of oxygen while smoking.

Phil

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dats da troot. I often get that buzz when smoking, especially if it's a big cigar. And some cigars are more potent than others it seems, like the Ashton Virgin Sun Grown or the Fuente Anejo. ƒuck it! Just smoke a good, long Cuban Sancho Panza nightstick. That'll do the trick.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You get some nicotine absorbed through the skin in your mouth, but you probably also inhale a little bit too. I french inhale my cigars, but not a regular puff inhale. So i get a small amount of smoke in my lungs. Most cigars do not give me a buzz though. I need to smoke a few in a row for it to happen. If you DO enjoy the buzz i suggest you try a Lars Tetens Dagars. This is the non-scented version. Go for the churchill size. This cigar will knock your buns to the pavement!

Vic

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Phil

It's a fantasy of mine to one day smoke two AVSGs at the same time. Maybe get one of those nifty double cigar pipes that Capt. Hook sported in the original Disney rendition of Peter Pan.

P.S. I like your location: "30 min in the future....."

·
Registered
68 Posts
LOL, Now THAT would put you on your a$$!!!

My Location: There is a funny story behind that. I was on a Pocket PC forum. I asked one of the moderators "how come my posts always are 30min ahead of the actual time?" He responded "your in california, around the bay area. You guys are always 30 min in the future"

We laughed for a minuite and then I decided thats where I was from, so why not make it interesting for those who don't know.

LOL

Phil

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't inhale on purpose but I get a buzz on some of the stronger cigars. I kinda like stumbling around the room after a good smoke! :r

·
Registered
68 Posts
TomN said:
I don't inhale on purpose but I get a buzz on some of the stronger cigars. I kinda like stumbling around the room after a good smoke! :r
After a drink or two, I bet your REALLY havin' fun!!

LOL

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, you pick your poisons.

I respect that decision. It would always be nice to have a fella like you around, cause after some stronger smokes I have to walk home!

LOL

BTW What's your current favorite stogie?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well I've never had an ISOM, so my favorites are Padron 3 and 4k mads, HdM Excal I mad, and the CAO Brazilia Samba. I can't decide on just one at the moment! :D

Oh and for the drinking thing, I'm diabetic and alcohol does funny things to my glucose, so it's not that I don't WANT to drink you see. :c

·
Registered
68 Posts
For me it's

Domestic - HANDS DOWN Ashton VSG

ISOM- Monte #4

You have not tried an ISOM, what are U waiting for?

·
Registered
68 Posts
TomN said:
Oh and for the drinking thing, I'm diabetic and alcohol does funny things to my glucose, so it's not that I don't WANT to drink you see. :c
Understood, I used to have a friend w/the same situation. (unfourtunatly he moved away).

·
Registered
137 Posts
LOL! This is turning into a conversation...
I guess I'm a bit leery of ordering them over the net considering that they're illegal and all. I'll just have to get over it and order a box I suppose. That'll come soon enough.

Oh yeah, I do like the VSGs. I bought 2 Spellbounds about a month ago. Smoked one a couple weeks ago and the other is resting. Nice smokes but a bit pricy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Give me your addy

I'll handle that problem for you.

(well I might only get you hooked)

I'll send you a monte #4 my fav.

Phil

·
Registered
68 Posts
No problem, love to help a fellow stogie smoker try a new smoke!!!

Somewhere down the line you will find yourself doing the same thing.

Phil

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: TomN: ISOMs

I've never ordered a box, either, for much the same reason as you. I get mine when I'm in Montreal, Canada. There's a wonderful lounge there called la Casa del Habanos or something. You can go into a big ašš humidor filled up with all the Cuban cigars you could ever want. Then there's a lounge with big leather armchairs, jazz on the machine, and all the Cuban coffee you can drink.

I haven't done that in a while. Thanks for the reminder. :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts