Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I go to the grocery store I love the sticker "new",even if I hate the product. We have bought Oxy Clean, a food dehydrator and have the spin and store coming this week. I admit I have a problem with advertising.

The famous smokeshop catalogue came and touted these cigars as the 'mirror of the org Montecristo 2' I admit that peaked my interest. There are only a few reviews on top 25 cigar and they are mixed. Some say this is the ultimate copy. Some say it's garbage. I had to try this for myself.

First off the color does look very ISOM. Blonde Corojo Wrapper, same type of texture. Though from cigar to cigar there were a few major blotches. The uniformity definatley was not there.

The construction was good. The roll does not look expecially tight, but like a Camacho the cigar is much heavier than it looks.

There was a very even burn though if you ask me it did seem to burn out a little fast.

Obviously the reason I bought the cigar was for the copy of the #2. The flavor of this cigar was very good. Had a nice spice to ithe flavor, the for the first third was the only taste the cigar had. It did not burn expecially hot and held a long ash. I will give the makers of this cigar credit, it the last bit of the cigar there was that 'tang' that can only be described as ISOM. It was not expecially strong but it was there at least for a bit as the cigar was ending.

IMHO which is no shocker to anyone this is not an exact Copy of a Monte #2. If I told you it was I would expect you to never allow me to post here again. It is a nice spicy cigar the draws well and has a very good burn. The flavor is a bit unique and that is always fun to try. For the price on Famous Smoke of $4 a stick, and with a box you get another 5 Robusto that make them $3.20 a stick. I do think it is a good value, especially for the lenght of time you get to enjoy it. There are many cigars that cost more and are just average.
If you stumble across one I suggest to give it a try. Unless of course it's between a Nicarao or a real Monte #2.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Re: Nicarao Pyramide.

Nice review. Thanks for the post.

I'm always curious as to what's new & available, even if I may not get a chance to smoke it anytime soon.

·
Registered
904 Posts

Funnymantrip said:
When I go to the grocery store I love the sticker "new",even if I hate the product. We have bought Oxy Clean, a food dehydrator and have the spin and store coming this week. I admit I have a problem with advertising.
My wife wants to get that Spin and Store, let me know how you like it.

Can you store cigars in it? Man that would be great just spin to the brand and size HMMMM ;)

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts

I've been eaten up with curiosity about this cigar. That usually means that there will be a box of em sittin' in my humidor within a month or two.

Do you think I would be wise to buy this one?

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I would recommend this Kansashat. They have a good sampler for $25 on famous-smoke.com. I would recommend that you at least pick that one up and try it.

·
Registered
132 Posts

i like the flavor but i found the construction and associated burn and draw to be iffy. simply put, i think they are inconsistent. when they are on they are fantastic and when they arent they are mediocre to substandard. this makes them incredibly close to real cuban cigars in my experience. lol
this is after smoking a dozen or so in various sizes. ymmv. try a sampler first...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.