Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this old thread:

http://www.cigarforums.net/forums/vb/sports-forum/113076-nhl-season-07-08-a.html

And with the playoffs approaching I thought I might entice some NHL talk.

I'm a die-hard Avs fan so I'm hoping for a late season push that will lead to a higher seed in the playoffs, but after last years debacle, I'm just glad we have a chance at the playoffs!

Bring it on, all hockey talk, all the time!

· Registered
165 Posts
Just before the olympic break I was thinking the wings would end their playoff apperance streak but It's sure funny how things change so fast in a couple of weeks. won't be long before we find out who's in and who's out. Three point games sure make it hard for a team to make up points when they sure need them.

· Registered
394 Posts
Three weeks ago I was feeling great about the Avs chances, now I'm just hoping to make the playoffs.
Why do the Avs play Anderson every night?!?!? He's a career back-up and they played him this year as if he was Marty Brodeur...

I think that's what was wrong with the Avs season, they started off strong and faded late, trust me, I know what I'm talking about... I'm a Habs fan and over the last 5 years that's what they've done almost every year.

I'm still rooting for the Avs to finish strong and take out the Canucks in the second round!!

· Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why do the Avs play Anderson every night?!?!? He's a career back-up and they played him this year as if he was Marty Brodeur...

I think that's what was wrong with the Avs season, they started off strong and faded late, trust me, I know what I'm talking about... I'm a Habs fan and over the last 5 years that's what they've done almost every year.

I'm still rooting for the Avs to finish strong and take out the Canucks in the second round!!
Thanks Jay, I'm hoping they take whoever they play in the first round, and it'd be sweet if it were the nauks! I'd say the Avs have played Andy way too much. He's a great goaltender and has showed he is quite deserving of a starting role, but you need two goaltenders for sure.

· Registered
394 Posts
Thanks Jay, I'm hoping they take whoever they play in the first round, and it'd be sweet if it were the nauks! I'd say the Avs have played Andy way too much. He's a great goaltender and has showed he is quite deserving of a starting role, but you need two goaltenders for sure.
You can have Carey "most overrated goalie ever" Price if you want!! How bout straight up for Statsny or Duchene??? You in??

· Registered
394 Posts
WOOHOO, just watched the Canucks lose to the Avs in a shootout!! Matt Duchene is gonna be a great hockey player for a lot of years!! Welcome to the playoffs Kyle!!

· Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOOHOO, just watched the Canucks lose to the Avs in a shootout!! Matt Duchene is gonna be a great hockey player for a lot of years!! Welcome to the playoffs Kyle!!
Thanks Jay, I can't believe they actually made the playoffs and The Avs can still finish anywhere between 5th and 8th and have 5 potential first round opponents (San Jose, Chicago, Vancouver, Phoenix and technically LA) I'm quite impressed. Let's Go AVS!!!

· Registered
394 Posts
Hey Kyle, see ur gonna be joining us in the Stanley Cup Challenge... should be fun.

Looks like your Avs are in the same spot as my Habs, gotta take out the #1 seeds first round!!

Good luck to ya!!!

· Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Kyle, see ur gonna be joining us in the Stanley Cup Challenge... should be fun.

Looks like your Avs are in the same spot as my Habs, gotta take out the #1 seeds first round!!

Good luck to ya!!!
Thanks Jay, Yeah the 8 seeds are always the sleeping giants it seems. Should be a good time for sure.

· Young Puffer Fish
731 Posts
Looks like we get to go head-to-head for a bit Kyle.

I am going to tonights game. Someone gifted me a ticket, how fricking awesome is that eh! So Awesome.

I was at the last game on Saturday and they gave us Sharks Hats. Nice hats in fact. All black with just the logo on the front. Bill already bent. Very cool fan appreciation night gift.

We all know what the Sharks 'usually' do in the playoffs so no need to rehash that. I feel like this year will be different although I have clearly felt that before.

Nobody who has ever beat the Sharks in the playoffs (last 5 years) has ever gone on to win the show. Such a depressing stat.

I think we will see Blake turn on a new level of memory in this run. Our D will play surprisingly well. They better, to stop that kid Duchene (still love his reaction to not going No. 2 at the draft last year LOLOLOL!!! ) and other Avs snipers from doing their thing.

Hockey at it's finest coming up boys.
Lets Go!

· Registered
394 Posts
Looks like we get to go head-to-head for a bit Kyle.

I am going to tonights game. Someone gifted me a ticket, how fricking awesome is that eh! So Awesome.

I was at the last game on Saturday and they gave us Sharks Hats. Nice hats in fact. All black with just the logo on the front. Bill already bent. Very cool fan appreciation night gift.

We all know what the Sharks 'usually' do in the playoffs so no need to rehash that. I feel like this year will be different although I have clearly felt that before.

Nobody who has ever beat the Sharks in the playoffs (last 5 years) has ever gone on to win the show. Such a depressing stat.

I think we will see Blake turn on a new level of memory in this run. Our D will play surprisingly well. They better, to stop that kid Duchene (still love his reaction to not going No. 2 at the draft last year LOLOLOL!!! ) and other Avs snipers from doing their thing.

Hockey at it's finest coming up boys.
Lets Go!
If I'm not mistaken wasn't that the night that one of the Sharks scored a hat-trick and all the hats ended up on the ice?? Except one by the sounds of it!!:wink:

· Young Puffer Fish
731 Posts
If I'm not mistaken wasn't that the night that one of the Sharks scored a hat-trick and all the hats ended up on the ice?? Except one by the sounds of it!!:wink:
Nope. No tricks that night. Would've definitely given it up for the cause if it would have happened though.
It's been a few weeks since our last trick. Patty got it I believe for his 37th, 38th and 39th goals. Heater got one as well, I think that was opening night in fact. Pretty good way to start the season. And then Gooch as well. I think. It's kind of hazy as you can imagine since I enjoy Whiskey quite a bit. :wink:

· Registered
232 Posts
Man I'm really looking forward to the playoffs this year! There are going to be so many well contested match-ups in the first round:

Detriot & Pheonix: Should be a very interesting series, hopefully the wings don't embarrass the young pups too badly, we'll see if the grizzled vets have enough in the tank still...

Montreal & Washington: Have to mention them 'cause I'm a Habs fan! Their season series was a close one, with the Habs edging out the Caps. The Habs have to get to Washingtons defense and goalies early to have a shot.

San Jose & Colorado: As was said here before, we all know the Sharks recent playoff history. It will be interesting to see if they can break their first round curse against a young energetic Avs team.

The other match-ups should be good as well, but these are the 3 series I'm going to be following closely.

· Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm looking forward to seeing if the Bruins and Flyers can pull off the upsets as well, they both won their respective season series between Buffalo and NJ, it'll be some good series all the way around.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.