Cigar Forums banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Hey now, don’t try to steal my technique. My lucky quarter is patent-pending!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That "aw shucks y'all.. I'm just lucky" BS is for guys that DON'T finish in the top 5 every year.. lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,300 Posts
That "aw shucks y'all.. I'm just lucky" BS is for guys that DON'T finish in the top 5 every year.. lol

Poor-mouthing is considered a fine art among simple country folks like myself.

·
Super Moderator
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Poor-mouthing is considered a fine art among simple country folks like myself.
Need a definition for the term "poor-mouthing" cause I might steal it and start using it up here. Throw in a couple yunz, yinz and jaggoffs and I think I can make it stick...

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,300 Posts
Need a definition for the term "poor-mouthing" cause I might steal it and start using it up here. Throw in a couple yunz, yinz and jaggoffs and I think I can make it stick...

Poor-mouthing is common in the Deep South, particularly among farmers and blue collar workers. For example- a fella who owns a 5,000 acre farm with a million dollars' worth of equipment, a nice house or three, drives his new F-350 to the gas station for breakfast every morning, but wears worn-out Liberty overalls and boots with holes in the toes while he laments the poor production of said farm and says something along the lines of "I shore do hate to see the price of biscuits goin' up to 49 cents; it's tough on workin' folks. But, Lord willin', we'll make it through."

More or less the antonym to braggadocio.

·
Super Moderator
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Poor-mouthing is common in the Deep South, particularly among farmers and blue collar workers. For example- a fella who owns a 5,000 acre farm with a million dollars' worth of equipment, a nice house or three, drives his new F-350 to the gas station for breakfast every morning, but wears worn-out Liberty overalls and boots with holes in the toes while he laments the poor production of said farm and says something along the lines of "I shore do hate to see the price of biscuits goin' up to 49 cents; it's tough on workin' folks. But, Lord willin', we'll make it through."

More or less the antonym to braggadocio.
We call it cryin broke. But I know exactly what it is

·
Registered
763 Posts
@UBC03 I may be a little late, but if you get this before kick off… want to make tonight interesting? Got a 5er on the Broncos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bearinvt

·
Super Moderator
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
@UBC03 I may be a little late, but if you get this before kick off… want to make tonight interesting? Got a 5er on the Broncos!

OK.. I'll donate.. literally cause I don't think they have a chance.. but yea never know..

·
Super Moderator
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
OK.. I'll donate.. literally cause I don't think they have a chance.. but yea never know..

·
Registered
763 Posts

Yeah, I figured with all the linebackers missing on Denver and all the offensive players on Cleveland out it would be interesting. It was a game.

Reactions: UBC03

·
Super Moderator
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Yeah, I figured with all the linebackers missing on Denver and all the offensive players on Cleveland out it would be interesting. It was a game.

As always, I'll give ya a chance for double or nothin. You pick the game.. I pick the team.

·
Registered
763 Posts
As always, I'll give ya a chance for double or nothin. You pick the game.. I pick the team.

Shipping costs the same for 5 or 10 and I am a gluten for punishment. Even threw a college game game or two to pick from.

Wisconsin vs Purdue
Clemson vs Pitt
Titans vs Chiefs (but you cant take Titans)
Colts vs 49ers

All these seem to be close good games.

·
Super Moderator
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
You pick ONE game. I pick the team..

Just pros, I don't know squat about college.

Plus I hate having too many choices.. lol

@Travoline

·
Registered
763 Posts
You pick ONE game. I pick the team..

Just pros, I don't know squat about college.

Plus I hate having too many choices.. lol

@Travoline

Colt vs 49ers

Who you got?

·
Super Moderator
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Reactions: Travoline
61 - 77 of 77 Posts