Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Though I should introduce myself. I’m MocoBird from the So.Cal. area. Been smoking cigars now for 3-4 years and loving just about everyone I put to my lips. The flavored stuff tends to rub me the wrong way a little bit. I probably own more cigars then I could smoke in 2-3 years and I can’t stop buying them. I feel much better after reading a few of the posts on the number of cigars you folks own. It’s a warm feeling to know I’m not alone. Anyway, good to be here. Hope I can fit into the pack! Even though I am a BIRD!

Soooo let’s start off with a new bird’s question:

I’ve looked thru the post as I was told and could not find anything related to this. If I missed it somewhere please don’t pluck my tail feathers. I have been reading all the posts about overseas buying of ISOM’s and have read multiple posts with everything from customs confiscating the goods and sending out letters to lime green tape. Has anybody ever been caught twice? Do they just continue to send letters every time a box is seized? Have you ever heard of someone actually being fined? One more question to those who have received the dreaded letter. When you fly are you put thru more scrutiny at the airport? You know Ted Kennedy style.
Thanks for having me! ………MocoBird

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Welcome....and I have been lucky. I have never recieved a letter or been caught in customs at an airport. IHT and I travel a lot, and we usually bring back Cubans when we go to Germany. So I'm sorry I can't answer you question. But welcome to the Jungle.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Welcome to CS.

Hey, where in SoCal are you?!?

If you're in the LA or surrounding area have you ever been to the Saturday Poker Patio Posse?! If not, you have an invitation from me as I'm sure you have one from all of our herf group.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Thanks for the welcome!

Mo I live in Whittier. No I have never had the pleasure of attending one of the "Saturday Poker Patio Posse" herf's . Would I be so bold as to assume that this is on Saturday's under Poker's patio? But really does sounds like fun!

Poker, Holy $hit and I was worried about my lonely little one letter. And I didn't even get nailed for cigars they got me for 2 kilos of cuban cubita coffee beans right before last x-mas. It just wasn't the same ole holly jolly x-mas without my beans. Nine pages of letters for a bag of beans! But gezzzz over 12 letters. I'm afraid I'd be running around the house all day looking skyward wearing my aluminum foil hat!!!

Hey, Thanks for the replys.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Mocobird,
Sorry I didn't welcome you earlier, but was cowering in the corner & waiting to see what the responses would be to your question. Sorry, I can't help you, but welcome! :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
coppertop said:
Welcome....and I have been lucky. I have never recieved a letter or been caught in customs at an airport. IHT and I travel a lot, and we usually bring back Cubans when we go to Germany. So I'm sorry I can't answer you question. But welcome to the Jungle.
Do you pack your cigars in your carryon or checked luggage? I assume your checked luggage would be search less than your carry-on.

I personally think someone should question the legality of banning all products from Cuba bought in other countries. I can understand an embargo on imports and purchasing goods and having them shipped in to the country, but this almost contitutes unlawful search and seizure. It is a non-controlled and regulated good, unlike drugs, animals, and firearms, and I think they shouldn't be able to just take it based on their whims.

Ill shut up now since I have very limited knowledge of the legality of all of this. Maybe someone could enlighten me to the specific federal laws governing this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello to everyone. I am a newbie here. I come to the site via far West Texas. I am a Firefighter who loves a well made cigar. I have been a cigar fan for about 7 years now. I have smoked some outstanding cigars. I have had probably hundreds of them but I still consider myself a novice. They are so complex and different from the next, other than general knowledge of construction, wrapper type, etc...I find it almost impossible to be a total expert. I am still learning about the complex beauty of these tobacco wrapped gifts of nature. I look forward to meeting some new fans and trading information about cigars.

-Lucky

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
You put it very well Lucky 13 & welcome. I would suggest that you start a new thread, so it would attract enough notice to be welcomed properly.

Interesting avatar BTW, what is it?

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Lucky 13 said:
Hello to everyone. I am a newbie here. I come to the site via far West Texas. I am a Firefighter who loves a well made cigar. I have been a cigar fan for about 7 years now. I have smoked some outstanding cigars. I have had probably hundreds of them but I still consider myself a novice. They are so complex and different from the next, other than general knowledge of construction, wrapper type, etc...I find it almost impossible to be a total expert. I am still learning about the complex beauty of these tobacco wrapped gifts of nature. I look forward to meeting some new fans and trading information about cigars.

-Lucky
Welcome, welcome.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Welcome! Two letters here, but no fines.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.