Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day all,
I recently picked up a broken wine fridge the compressor is toast which is fine for me. I’m wiring a 120v fan up separately that will run within the unit for 15 minutes once every 3 hours to move the air around. But my main question here is I have built 1 shelf out of Spanish cedar which you can see here in the middle now the rest of the shelves were a sealed beech wood tray that came with the unit. Am I good to just leave those as beech and only have the one Spanish cedar tray? I don’t buy boxes of cigars either I buy Random cigars weekly to have an extra wide variety so I don’t have old cedar boxes to put in the other shelves. Let me know what you all think.

Attachments

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,385 Posts
First off, welcome to the Forum!

As for the concern about not having enough Spanish cedar, you’ll be fine. I like wood, but it is safe to store cigars without any wood at all. Maintaining your humidity level is more important than the material your shelves are made of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
First off, welcome to the Forum!

As for the concern about not having enough Spanish cedar, you’ll be fine. I like wood, but it is safe to store cigars without any wood at all. Maintaining your humidity level is more important than the material your shelves are made of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well...about time you show up your mug around here again

Reactions: Wheels Up
1 - 5 of 5 Posts