Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too much cardboard!
picked up the samplers packaged in cardboard boxes (from davidoff in London) - I hate cardboard packaging! specially when it takes away the pre-light nose!

If you haven't ordered yours yet - then I would reccomend getting them in cabinets of 24 & 12 (although did not see any in the shops except MO's advert). The little one (Reyes) was my fav. although one was underfilled (too easy of a draw) but the second one smoked well. The Coloniales was sick! but in between puffs it showed good potential - maybe a few years of rest, and the Robusto Extra - well this not new except the cardboard packaging ! :c

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I did place an order for some, just out of curiosity and weakness. I really gotta stop falling for all of these overhyped marketing schemes. I sure hope mine aren't underfilled. :rolleyes: I'll be pissed to pay 10 bucks for an underfilled tres petit corona.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Robusto Extra - well this [is] not new except the cardboard

kelly said it's not what you expect... you say it's not new... i'm not sure how interpret these statements... is "taste like sh*t" pretty close?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
robmcd said:
Robusto Extra - well this [is] not new except the cardboard

kelly said it's not what you expect... you say it's not new... i'm not sure how interpret these statements... is "taste like sh*t" pretty close?
sorry for being too vague, trini had a robusto A which is a bit longer in length - and better than this robusto extra,,, however, i would not jump the gun until tasting the new trinis from a better package (i.e., in their cabinets),, imo the combination of cardboard box with a mellow cigar is not a good thing !,, however they have very nice looking wrappers (very silky and thin) and constructed like fuentes! (it must be those sucking machines in el laguito! ;) but my personal preference is with those slightly firmer draw typical of cuban cigars,, and at last - they need more age since they're starting to get sick!
In any event, if you're going to get one, I would go either for the reyes or the coloniales.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
they're only available in the UK ... i only want to try one, so i guess i'll have to wait.... hey brandon- you know my address don't you? :)

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
?

it must be those sucking machines in el laguito!;)
Ooohh! I got a rush on that one. [You had to have seen the image that flashed through my head]. Am I perverted or what (LMAO)

MoTheMan

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Re: ?

MoTheMan said:
Ooohh! I got a rush on that one. [You had to have seen the image that flashed through my head]. Am I perverted or what (LMAO)

MoTheMan
I'm not completely sure about this; but isn't the draw tester a little probe that is inserted into the cigar. If so, the opening must be pretty small.;)

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I thought it was some kind of suction machine. You know, put the bunch in at one end, create a little suction to see what kind of draw you get.
First they sort tobacco leaves on the thighs of virgins, next they suction test the cigars (you get the idea). It only gets better. [LMAO]

MoTheMan

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MoTheMan said:
I thought it was some kind of suction machine. You know, put the bunch in at one end, create a little suction to see what kind of draw you get.
First they sort tobacco leaves on the thighs of virgins, next they suction test the cigars (you get the idea). It only gets better. [LMAO]

MoTheMan
I get the idea, if you remember cigartexan already posted a late model of those machines in another forum here,,

Disclaimer: kids stay away! http://homepage.mac.com/sheerin/handrolled.mpg

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Saw the clip...I'd love to smoke that puppy!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'm in trouble now...my wife just told me, "now I know why you like cigars...they look like a d**k!"

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Lamar said:
I'm in trouble now...my wife just told me, "now I know why you like cigars...they look like a d**k!"
Ummm... I can't speak for you, but I know for sure that cigars don't resemble the appearance of my 'unit':r

·
Registered
200 Posts
Brandon said:
Ummm... I can't speak for you, but I know for sure that cigars don't resemble the appearance of my 'unit':r
Not even the Tres Petites, Brandon?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts