Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very excited to be here. I have always been an unlit tobacco user. A few months back I given a very bad cigar but I did enjoy the smoke. Went to my local cigar shop and they have treated me wondeful, really have gotten me into this hobby. I was also suprised that my wife supports this hobby and we enjoy spending time together (outside) every evening.

I have enjoyed the RJ's but am looking to purchase my first bundle for everyda. Any help on what I should be looking for?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Welcome!

I think Kamikaiguy and txmatt have some good suggestions on cheap bundles... could be wrong though...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome to club stogie!

I'll agree with the more than likely forthcoming recommendations for Flor de Oliva bundled cigars. Excellent prices and very good cigars.

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Welcome to the board, ERDM is right that I am the [email protected] cigar smoker here. :D

I posted this in another thread the other day, these 5 would be good ones to try for starters:

1) Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote $40/box @ JR
2) Flor de Oliva 5x52 Torpedo (once I am out of the Shapes Petit Perfectos) $26/bundle @ Rocky's
3) Padron 2000M $60/box @buymorecigars.com
4) Padron Fumas/Cazadore (have someone who lives in/near Miami buy them for you at the $.80/stick price. If you don't know someone who lives there suck up to a BOTL on the cigar boards; send them some premium sticks.) $20/bundle in Miami, $36-$40 elsewhere
5) La Finca Black Robusto $27/box @ JR

You might also consider some of the $30/box any size offerings from mikescigars.com, they are on the first 6 pages of the catalog. I bought these 3 but have only tried the La Flor Del Caney thus far: (I did really like the LFdC)

Mantequilla - get the X, XX, or XXX Maduro. A sweet box pressed maduro. I have had other lines from Mantequilla and had no hesitation about picking them up.

Lusitania - I bought the Robusto Maduro - These are made by Perdomo and are Nicaraguan Puros made with tobacco from both Jalapa and Esteli valleys

La Flor del Caney
- The Bouquet size is a nice cameroon wrapped figurado made by Manuel Quesada of Matasa (Fonseca, Licenciados) in Dominican Republic.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Welcome brother.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome, just look for posts by me. I think I've asked just about every stupid question anyone could think of. Let me be your embarrassment! :D

This is was not a stupid question, so I hope you don't think that is what I meant. :)

I have yet to try all the cheaper cigars that have been recommended, but I have tried the La Vieja Habana from Drew Estate. Not too bad and it was $1.85/single here (OH), so even cheaper by the box!

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
AAlmeter said:
Welcome!

Good to have another smokeless user here.
Better make it 3. I suck on Skoal Bandits in between cigars. ;)

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
hey...we have another!

I guess UST is coming out with a new type of smokeless spit-free tobacco....revel. Ive never been a fan of bandits, but I might give this a shot. Always been partial to regular Copenhagen though. A friend of mine recently spent a semester in England (where smokeless is illegal), but ordered some Swedish brands online and said they were great. Afterall, thats where it was invented.

Also, in mentioning UST, about a year and a half ago I "purchased" some UST stock in my imaginary "if I had money to invest portfoilio." It has done quite well.

Between their new flavors (apple, vanilla, the new wintergreen), the bandits, pouches, and revel, as well as their mainstream/macho marketing campaign, they have done a good job of losing the ******* image and gaining a lot of customers.

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Smokeless Tobacco is illegal in England? You learn something new every day. I used the Kodiak Wintergreen for a long time. Have cut back a lot since getting a new job in May. Only do it now while fishing and watching football. This made my wife very happy, she hates the dip and hates even more the fact I would walk around with a bottle. This is why it suprised me that she was all for the cigars and is really behind this.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Are we talking about smoke-free tobacco like snuff here. ( Idont follow you...). Its very popular and have always been popular in Sweden. Ive never tried it though, I dont think I would like it. And I think its not only illegal in England, its in the whole European Union. In fact when Sweden was joining the European Union and they did have an election about it, the MAIN argument for not joining the European Union was that you couldnt use snuff then. Later when Sweden joined up ANYWAY, they got some special dispension/laws that made it still legal to use snuff, at least in Sweden. In fact my brother went to Germany and see a friend there he had to bring some snuff with him... because the friend was using that stuff...

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Similar. I think in Sweden dry snuff is more popular. While it is gaining some popularity here, 99% of smokeless tobacco is chewing or "dip" tobacco. You place it in your lip/mouth instead of snorting it up your nose.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I can't speak for smokelrss tobacco. I haven't had a dip since I was 13. But on the bundles issue. Go to Smokeall.com and look at the various types of Flor de Oliva bundles. I like the regular FdO and the Corojo and the Maduro. Ok I like all of FdO's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.