Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Bob. I've been enjoying cigars for years and decided to try out pipes. I've been reading on the forum here that it would probably be a good idea to start out with a cob pipe, maybe something inexpensive just in case I don't like pipe smoking. So I went to the local tobacco shop and took a look at what they had.

I decided not to buy anything at that time. I go home and take a look at facebook marketplace, well what do you know 12 pipes and stand for 100 dollars. I thought what the heck I was just looking at pipes that were 60 bucks and almost pulled the trigger, so I hit the buy button. Those 12 pipes are being shipped so it'll be 5 or 6 days before they get here. I decide to look at marketplace again and find 4 pipes and stand for 40 dollars, they look even better than the first lot of pipes I bought and they're local. So I buy them.

Well my wife caught wind of my pipe purchases, I was using her facebook account, little did I know it was sending stuff to her phone. My wife starts giving me the business "why are you buying all these pipes"? Well to smoke of course, I say. Her reply, "why do you need 16 pipes"? Well just in case I have 15 friends drop by ya know. Her last response, "You just spent 300 dollars on cigars, what's wrong with you"?

Hmm, women. That doesn't make sense to me. All I know is the 4 pipes I bought were like new. I cleaned up one of them and packed it with some Captain Black and loved it. Good thing too, I never would've heard the end of it. So in typical fashion I just jump right in, cannonball style. Looking forward to my pipe journey and trying out some good tobacco.

Take care you all, Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays.

Bob

Attachments

·
Retired Chaos Designer
12,210 Posts
Hey, if you’re gonna jump, you might as well go head first! 👍👍👍👍
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the pipe side of the site, like you i came over from cigars, still have one at times, you can do a lot better that Captain Black lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah I don't know why I grabbed the captain black. The shop I was at had plenty to choose from but they were big bags, I grabbed a smaller bag of the captain. I was surprised though how much I enjoyed that pipe.

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Thanks guys. Yeah I don't know why I grabbed the captain black. The shop I was at had plenty to choose from but they were big bags, I grabbed a smaller bag of the captain. I was surprised though how much I enjoyed that pipe.
Im sorry when i re read my post it sounds as though i was making fun of the CB, i didnt mean it like that, my first purchase was CB Cherry, i still have it, couldnt smoke it,

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Piper,

Yeah, you're right like cigars it's a learning process. I'm looking forward to the journey.

Ole Charlie,

You're right shoes or makeup. Damn that stuff is expensive!

Fusion,

You're good I didn't take it like that. I just figured you meant lots to choose from. Seems to me like that's a good starting point and I get it.

Boilerchillerman

Local pipe night sounds good.* What state are you in?

·
Super Moderator
17,343 Posts
Welcome

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

My name is Bob. I've been enjoying cigars for years and decided to try out pipes. I've been reading on the forum here that it would probably be a good idea to start out with a cob pipe, maybe something inexpensive just in case I don't like pipe smoking. So I went to the local tobacco shop and took a look at what they had.

I decided not to buy anything at that time. I go home and take a look at facebook marketplace, well what do you know 12 pipes and stand for 100 dollars. I thought what the heck I was just looking at pipes that were 60 bucks and almost pulled the trigger, so I hit the buy button. Those 12 pipes are being shipped so it'll be 5 or 6 days before they get here. I decide to look at marketplace again and find 4 pipes and stand for 40 dollars, they look even better than the first lot of pipes I bought and they're local. So I buy them.

Well my wife caught wind of my pipe purchases, I was using her facebook account, little did I know it was sending stuff to her phone. My wife starts giving me the business "why are you buying all these pipes"? Well to smoke of course, I say. Her reply, "why do you need 16 pipes"? Well just in case I have 15 friends drop by ya know. Her last response, "You just spent 300 dollars on cigars, what's wrong with you"?

Hmm, women. That doesn't make sense to me. All I know is the 4 pipes I bought were like new. I cleaned up one of them and packed it with some Captain Black and loved it. Good thing too, I never would've heard the end of it. So in typical fashion I just jump right in, cannonball style. Looking forward to my pipe journey and trying out some good tobacco.

Take care you all, Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays.
Bob
Welcome, enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Piper,

Yeah, you're right like cigars it's a learning process. I'm looking forward to the journey.

Ole Charlie,

You're right shoes or makeup. Damn that stuff is expensive!

Fusion,

You're good I didn't take it like that. I just figured you meant lots to choose from. Seems to me like that's a good starting point and I get it.

Boilerchillerman

Local pipe night sounds good.* What state are you in?
Bob I disagree with the Cob, I didn’t enjoy piping until I smoked a decent Briar. I went in too deep to fast and sold off a couple my high end Castello’s because I wasn’t smoking them much. I still have 7 pipes and it’s almost pipe season for me. If the tobacco tax goes through, I will probably be smoking them much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts