Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Orleans Visit, Sun-Mon, 18-19 Jan '04

No matter how many times I visit New Orleans, I never tire of the city.

Always trying new things when I am there, I tried this hotel: Dauphine Orleans . It is just as described by its website. I would say this is a good hotel for a romantic weekend with wife or date, but as a business hotel, it just didn't cut it for me.

Dinner alone was at the bar at The Bombay Club, which is just around the corner from the hotel. The Bombay Club URL is [click here] . I started off dinner with a vodka martini. The appetizer I had was their version of Oysters Rockefeller. They were magnificent! They simply disintegrate in one's mouth. For the main dish I ordered their Bombay Filet. It was excellent as always, just as one would expect at a premium steakhouse. Dessert was a simple port wine with an Onyx Reserve cigar, one of my favorite cigars, that my wife also enjoys from time-to-time. The Bombay Club is a very cigar-friendly bar, with a friendly clientele. So in no time at all, the folks at the bar were conversing with me, as usual. As the evening progressed, the bar started filling up. At 9:00p the piano player shows up.

I highly recommend The Bombay Club. I have gotten to know the manager there, who always takes the time to meet and greet his customers. The Bombay Club and the Dauphine Orleans are in the quiet part of the French Quarter.

An early evening for me, since the next morning I needed to be at my client's office at 8:00a.

Cheers,

4A

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Oh how I love Nawlins...I have been spending time there for years. I love it....I usually stay at the Royal Orleans since I am a FQ junkie. I can wander for hours looking around, sipping a drink here and there, oysters at Acme, martini at the court of 3 sisters,
dinner at :prudhommes, coffee and begnets afterwards, and a walk back to the hotel...Usually 2 cigars in there where convenient but will try your suggestions my next time down.:w

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh! A fellow N'awlins lover.

Just like Rhett and Scarlett, eh? :D

Have you tried The Cigar Factory on Decatur? How 'bout that Charmaine Neville show over at Snug Harbor? Great town for food and music!

4A

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.