Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. Glad to be home and resting. Had a great weekend in the Big Easy. Found a lot of cool hangouts and some very nice cigar shops. The Mayan Import Co. was very big; had 2 inside lounges, about 500 sq ft of humidor space, and an outside courtyard set up for herfing. Picked up some very nice smokes I haven't been able to get here locally. Don Carlos, Aurora 100 Anos, Don Diego Aniversario, Jericho, and Perterson. They had too many to pick from!

I also enjoyed the Cigar Factory. A local company that hand rolls their own blends from premium tobaccos, and even does some custom work. Pretty cool operation. Sat and watched the rollers for an hour. None of them talked much, but after a million and 1 tourists coming in and out, who could blame them. Only smoked one of their sticks, but it was delicious.

Cigar Factory 1
Cigar Factory 2

Anyway it's good to be back in one piece. I hate missing anything here(as my wife will atest).

Dave
 

·
Skeeter's Confidant
Joined
·
7,197 Posts
hollywood said:
Hey everybody. Glad to be home and resting. Had a great weekend in the Big Easy. Found a lot of cool hangouts and some very nice cigar shops. The Mayan Import Co. was very big; had 2 inside lounges, about 500 sq ft of humidor space, and an outside courtyard set up for herfing. Picked up some very nice smokes I haven't been able to get here locally. Don Carlos, Aurora 100 Anos, Don Diego Aniversario, Jericho, and Perterson. They had too many to pick from!

I also enjoyed the Cigar Factory. A local company that hand rolls their own blends from premium tobaccos, and even does some custom work. Pretty cool operation. Sat and watched the rollers for an hour. None of them talked much, but after a million and 1 tourists coming in and out, who could blame them. Only smoked one of their sticks, but it was delicious.

Cigar Factory 1
Cigar Factory 2

Anyway it's good to be back in one piece. I hate missing anything here(as my wife will atest).

Dave
I was in the big easy about 6 years ago and I missed the cigar factory, nice pics and what were ya smoking there Dave? Kewl cigar Indian in that shop man... Welcome home bro..
 

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
Joined
·
3,335 Posts
hollywood said:
I also enjoyed the Cigar Factory. A local company that hand rolls their own blends from premium tobaccos, and even does some custom work. Pretty cool operation. Sat and watched the rollers for an hour. None of them talked much, but after a million and 1 tourists coming in and out, who could blame them. Only smoked one of their sticks, but it was delicious.
Dave
You didn't happen to try their Tres Hermanos torpedo did ya? An excellent smoke IMO.



-Matt-
 

·
Skeeter's Confidant
Joined
·
7,197 Posts
txmatt said:
You didn't happen to try their Tres Hermanos torpedo did ya? An excellent smoke IMO.



-Matt-
What is it about those dark wrappers that make my mouth water?? I like just as many natties. But its something about them,maybe the smell or oily look..

Sweet looking stick Matt.. BTW whats the price point on that puppy?
 

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
Joined
·
3,335 Posts
floydp said:
What is it about those dark wrappers that make my mouth water?? I like just as many natties. But its something about them,maybe the smell or oily look..

Sweet looking stick Matt.. BTW whats the price point on that puppy?
$67/10
$145/25
Cigar Factory New Orleans Prices

If they were more in the $4 - $5 range I would smoke a lot more of them. We need CI to pick them up so we can get steals on them like Buc Salsas!!

-Matt-
 

·
Skeeter's Confidant
Joined
·
7,197 Posts
txmatt said:
$67/10
$145/25
Cigar Factory New Orleans Prices

If they were more in the $4 - $5 range I would smoke a lot more of them. We need CI to pick them up so we can get steals on them like Buc Salsas!!

-Matt-
Yep thats up there bro. almost 7 a stick.. Thanks for the link Matt..

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
txmatt said:
You didn't happen to try their Tres Hermanos torpedo did ya? An excellent smoke IMO.



-Matt-
Hey Matt,

Nope, didn't try that one. Only had a corona. It was good, but I just couldn't part with that much money for smokes I knew nothing about. Don't know how they sell too many at that price, but that's just MHO.

Frank, that was a party short that one fine BOTL gifted me. Made my street wondering very enjoyable(and also the boys in the factory jealous I think).

DH
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top