Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cubanbest.com/cubancigarnewsletter6.htm#monte_label

Habanos S.A. has confirmed that, starting in June 2003, new bands were introduced for the entire Montecristo line.

Although the new bands are already in wide circulation on the hugely popular No. 4, they won't be showing up for some time on most of the other sizes until retailers' existing stocks dwindle and are gradually replaced with new product.

Upon receiving boxes of No. 2's sporting the new bands, and having had no prior knowledge of proposed changes, startled customers (naturally thinking they had received counterfeits) created quite a stir. Not surprisingly, formal notice from Cuba regarding this change still has yet to materialize.

The changes in these bands are part of a major facelift of the entire Montecristo line. In addition to the new bands, several new packaging formats have been added, and there will be a new cigar size introduced into the regular Montecristo line sometime next year.

Both the new bands and the logo have had a facelift - the paper is now a shiny gloss similar to the bands of most of the other major labels, instead of the older plain matte finish. And, a "hook" has been added to the edge of the fleur-de-lis symbol.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Already seen quite a few with the new bands :rolleyes: The new monte C has it & so dose the monte in the 5 pack robusto selection. I have seen them as far back as about 3 or 4 months I did do a dobble take when I saw them but the guy had just came back from the Holy Land;) There don't even have the 2 little (L) on the back of the band anymore:c

·
Registered
585 Posts
i recently smoked 3 monte#2's

2 came from a friend, one from the partagas factory store.

the 2 and the partagas store have the exact same printing, down to the 1/1000th of a millimeter(i have the equiptment to check) the only differences were the local's were darker paper, not glossy but darker. I think all 3 tasted the same, but the phsychological effect from the partagas factory one made me burn my fingers more then the first two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts