Cigar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy - I'd just like to introduce myself to the club. I'm relatively young, and until a few months ago I thought a Swisher Sweet was a good cigar! I got married a few months ago and bought some CAOs for my groomsmen, and my perception changed. Then, about a month ago, I went on a men's retreat and my buddy brought a box of Opus X Perfection#5s, and I was hooked... I discovered a fantastic shop just a few blocks from my place (Cigar Grotto in Oceanside, CA) and have been experimenting with as many stogies as I can ever since. I have discovered some wonderful ones (La Gloria Cubana Ser R, CAO Brazilia, Don Carlos, Padron Anniv. & 3000, Fidel's), and I dig checking out the reader reviews here.

I have had the great pleasure of 2 ISOMs (Monte#2, RomeoyJul Limited Ed 2003), and am anxious to try more. I've been checking out websites, but I'm not sure where to go. Also, a buddy and I are planning a trip to Tiajuana to try some ISOMs there, but I hear that most of the shops are shady and questionable. Does anyone know a good shop there? Thanks in advance for good direction.

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
CM-

Welcome from a fellow San Diegan! This is THE PLACE for all the stogie info you could ever want. I knew I liked cigars but felt rather uneducated about cigars as a whole. I've learned tons on this board but have also spent a mint. This website should be a good test of your new marriage! Ha ha. :) There is one and only one shop in TJ where you should buy cuban cigars. It is called La Casa del Habanos on Ave Revelucion. All other shops there are littlered with fakes. Good luck and welcome aboard.
SB

·
Bull Goose Gorilla
796 Posts
ChrisM, Welcome to the jungle. You have obviously already developed some good taste by the cigars that you listed. Just know that as you venture into the world of ISOM's that you are headed down the slippery slope. Start checking into increasing your credit card limits and possibly taking out a home equity loan.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I'm graduating from Cal State San Marcos in December (High Tech Management). Then I'll get a real job so I can slide down the slippery slope faster... Wheeeee!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome to the Jungle!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome Chris! Glad to have you on board..

I would say Welcome to the Jungle, but it has been said so many times already you are probably hearing Guns N Roses in your head..

-Justin

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks

Thanks to all who have replied. I'm enjoying learning what it means to be a true lowland gorilla, not one of those uppity orangutan types.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts