Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a box of a certain 25 smokes cost $195 then shouldn't a box of 50 of the same smokes cost $390.00?

Why would a dress box cost less per smoke than a cab. I know some of you swear that the cabs are better smokes and some of you swear that there is no difference so what's the deal?

I was thinking about splitting a cab with a friend but 2 dress boxes are cheaper.

·
Sneaky Bombin Bastage
2,569 Posts
As of yet I haven't had the pleasure of a cuban and I'm still doing my homework before I do make my first purchase. I've often heard the debate over cabs being better than dress boxs and vice versa. Could someone explain this to me please so that I might make a better decision. Thank you.

·
CS Noob Ambassador
1,194 Posts
As for me, if you plan to buy the cigars to smoke right away and the boxes are cheaper get the cabs, get the boxes...I think the real benefit of Cabs is if you plan to age the cigars...imho, they age better in cabs...and either way, if you prefer them one way or the other, thats what ya should get, never mind what "everybody else" says

PaulMac

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
age is probably a bigger factor than if they are boxed or in a cab. Catfish man some good reading here http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1718&page=2&pp=15

cant believe how low I am getting on shorts, my friend split a cab with me and man they a going ... they should have an automatic refill program where every 3 or 4 months they just send you a cab and bill your credit card- :rolleyes:

·
Registered
921 Posts
Cheaper is not always better.
Most of the guys I know would say to spring the extra few bucks and get the cabinet. Cigars in dress boxes are pressed together while in a cabinet they are wrapped with the yellow ribbon. I see the pressing together and the less room for air as contributing to "possibly" tightening the draw.
I am not saying this is the norm... but if you had 100 dress boxes and 50 cabs of 50.... 2500 sticks in both instances.... There would be more sticks with tighter draws in the prior rather than the ladder. This is just my opinion based on my experience.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've even noticed that on some sites, they have dress boxes of 25 and SLB's of 25, and the SLB is more $ :confused:

GoatLocker

·
-
11,412 Posts
i dont think i've seen many sites that actually ask for more money for a cab than what 2 dress boxes would be. normally a cab is cheaper than 2 dress boxes on the sites i go to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts