Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11675&item=6125224439&rd=1

Any opinions on this deal? Seems like a good one to me. Does anyone have any opinions about the inner setup about humidors? Meaning where the humidifider is located and the hygrometer location. i like the ones where the humidifer is located in the tray turned sidewayes. i dunno just trying to get some new ideas for mine, I am out of room in my 50 ct. Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
No problems on the way the hygrometer and humidifiers are setup. One of mine has the same setup, no problems.

A word of caution before you order, though. I've seen that humidor in a cigar shop and the only way it can hold 200 is if they're all petit coronas. Even that would be stretching it. Practical capacity would be more around 75-80.

-Quixote

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
I will say that I have purchased a humidor from them and was pleasantly surprised. It has a great seal and is certainly worth the few bucks. And to echo the previous poster, none of the capacities are correct. Divide by two.

·
Registered
949 Posts
It appears to be a Humidor Supreme Humidor. HUmidor Supreme is a good manufacturer. The have quality hmidors. It is a good price. Humidor Supreme usually uses 5 x 43 as their refence size for count. So you could probably get 200 5 x 43 cigar in there. However it would be packed to the hilt. I would say the 75 - 80 is a practical number for count.

I would go for it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got one of them on the way so I'll see how it turns out when it gets here. I will let everyone know how it is when I get it set up and running. Thanks for the replys by the way.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Humidor arrived safely yesterday and I think I got a good deal on it. The construction seems to be pretty good and the seal is good, now I just have to get the time to set it up. That which brings me to a question wipe the inside of it with distilled water or put some in shot glass and close it up for a couple of days? Reason I ask is I see someplaces and people that say wiping it down will ruin the wood and then the others say that it will be fine wipe er down. Opinions one way or another?? :confused:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Redman

Some humidors are not completely lined with spanish cedar, some are. Wipe the spanish cedar parts down. But use a sponge or a linen towel not terry clothe or paper towels. They both leave fuzzies on the wood. When I seasoned my humidor, I wiped it down and used the shot glass. But i have a big cabinet type humidor and I got mine during the winter. The winters are dry here so it needed the extra.

So I think wiping the humidor is the best bet. Then use the shot glass if the humidor doesn't come up.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another dumb ? for ya then, if I use a 50/50 for the humidifor and at some point I run out can I use just distilled water or is it one of those deals if I use it once I have to keep using it?

·
Registered
182 Posts
My opinion: do not wipe down w/distilled water

I recognize there are two schools of thoughts, and I don't think either one is wrong. The key is to get the humidor to the right humidity & keep it there.

By wiping it down, you have the ability to get up to speed quicker. I believe there is a greater risk of messing it up - too much moisture, may warp wood, may have uneven preparation of sides, may have to let it dry out, etc. I think slow & steady orientation of humidor with a plate/shot glass & humidifier is the way to go.

However, the humidor FAQ I refer to says 'wipe the sides'......
http://www.humidor-guide.com

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Personally I have this humidor at home. And I liked it when I was using it. I wiped it down and it held humidity just fine.

I would highly recommend going to

www.climmax.com and buying a 1/2lb of their climmax media. Get some pantihose and dump the 1/2lb of climmax media in the pantihose(knee highs work the best you can buy them at walmart for cheap). Wrap the pantihose around a shot glass of distilled water. Refill the shot glass when necessary. Your humidity should be solid doing this.

Good luck.

·
-
11,412 Posts
i've ordered from these guys before.

they are good to go. that humidor is pretty small though.
purchase a digital hygrometer though....

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Already have a digital hygrometer from my other humidor that I will be using in it. I still haven't decided how to start it, guess I'll figure it out when I get to it. Thanks for the advice all.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Redman said:
Another dumb ? for ya then, if I use a 50/50 for the humidifor and at some point I run out can I use just distilled water or is it one of those deals if I use it once I have to keep using it?
Remember not to use 50/50 every time you need moisture in your humidifier. The PG does not evaporate like water does. Just add distilled water for 3 or 4 months before adding any more 50/50.
:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.