Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone ~

I bought my first humidor and it's the kind that has the hygromoter on the outside/front. I can not remove it from the humidor so how do I calibrate it? Is it that important that I do this?

Any help will be appreciated...

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
i would think that if you can't remove the hygrmeter, you will need to get another one to check the calibration of yours. It is not that critical that it be calibrated as long as the cigars are burning right and you know what range the hydrometer reads for them to burn right. The problem comes when you first set up the box, you can get some pretty big swings in humidity until the moisture equilibrates. Radioshack has a pretty good digital with high/low memory that goes for about 20. You could get that and calibrate it and check the gauge you have. You'll probably be getting another box soon anyway.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
HBMully said:
Are you saying I'm going to be buying more cigars than this one will hold? :D
bwaaaahahahahahahahaha!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yo Hb if you want an acurate reading geta Little Havana or a Wester Calibur II digital hygro. Forget the pretty looking one on the front.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
kamikaiguy said:
Yo Hb if you want an acurate reading geta Little Havana or a Wester Calibur II digital hygro. Forget the pretty looking one on the front.
kamikaiguy, you'er right on the money!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! I'll see if I can find the ones you mentioned. For now, I picked a digital one up at Radio Shack for $20 and it looks like it's working well so far. It's reading from 71% to 76%; I look at it multiple times a day.

·
Registered
949 Posts
the $20 Radion Shack Digital Works fine as well It is probbly as good as the Western or the little Havana. The only difference is I think it is a larger unit and it takes up more space.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.