Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gang!

I just wanted to introduce myself to you all and say that this has been one of my favorite sites to visit for quite a while. I finally jumped in to really be a part of it all and hope that you will tolerate my newbie-ness with the grace and civility I have witnessed throughout my lurker days here.

You are a fine group of knowledgeable and informed individuals and I hope to be able to contribute in whatever way I can.

A little about me ... I've been smoking cigars for a few years but am by no means a connoisseur. I simply like what I like. I can tell you what tastes good, draws well, burns cleanly, feels firm and so on ... I can even give you hints of flavors from time to time ... but for the most part, if it's a good stick, that's what I'll say. Now, to be fair, I was "weaned" on Cuban Cohibas (Lanceros) so that's where I'm starting from. If any one stick is a "go to", that would be it ... except for that whole "illegality" thing. In maduros, my current fave is the Perdomo Reserve (La Tradicion) Cabinet Series. I love the flavor on these things and can smoke them down to the nub.

Currently, I have one 100ct Humidor and am in the process of acquiring another larger one for my growing box collection. I call it my "sampler-dor" because that's what it is ... a few sticks from a bunch of faves such as:
Bucanero Salsa
Nat Sherman
Carlos Torano Signature Selection
Perdomo Reserve
Maxim's De Paris
Montecristo
Romeo y Julieta Maduro
H. Upmann
Trinidad
Ashton VSG
La Rosa Cubana (handmade in Manhattan)
Caoba Platinum

I'm partial to the Dominican brands because I have extended family there and am lucky enough to be able to visit from time to time.

OK, I've rambled on long enough. Let's fire it up. :cool:

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Welcome! Ohjustforgetaboutthatbananacreampie! :mad:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Welcome to CS. Looks like you already have a pretty good list of smokes going for ya!!! Oh, and I am a big fan of Dominican smokes as well.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TheSmokingHiker said:
Welcome to CS. Looks like you already have a pretty good list of smokes going for ya!!! Oh, and I am a big fan of Dominican smokes as well.
Hiker,

Have you visited the DR recently? It's defeinitely a highlight to have one rolled for you and smoked fresh off the table ... hmmm ... maybe a CS road trip? ;)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Another Scotch man. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Welcome to the Jungle!

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Yeah, you can't beat a good Whiskey! Nice to meet ya! These guys are awesome.

I'll be honeymoon'ing(is that a word?) in the Caribbean as we cruise past St. Thomas :cool: March 20th, its just coming so damn fast.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
:D Welcome Bro and dont forget to use the search button... :D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LasciviousXXX said:
Yeah, you can't beat a good Whiskey! Nice to meet ya! These guys are awesome.

I'll be honeymoon'ing(is that a word?) in the Caribbean as we cruise past St. Thomas :cool: March 20th, its just coming so damn fast.
Awesome! Many congrats on your pending nuptials. (and if you've ever had your nuptials pended, you'd know what I mean ...)

St Thomas is amazing. You'll love it there!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
zemekone said:
:D Welcome Bro and dont forget to use the search button... :D
Thanks! I'm still getting used to all these features! Whatever happened to the good ole days of plain text bulletin boards? :r

And just for the record I'm only 33 so no old-man jokes. :p

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.