Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Anhedonic misanthrope
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
March 5, 2005, anybody and everybody is invited to Churchills in Boston, noon to 5pm. Got some vendors on board, and promises to be a lot of fun.

Any interest?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Woooo hoooooooo!!! Boston!?? That's only 40 minutes away from me!! Never been to Churchills (rarely go into the city unless it's for Sox or Celts games!), but I'm interested!! :D

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'm about 40 minutes north in NH but if there's beer or cigars involved I'll try to make it. :al

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Gargamel's location says Red Sox Nation, but, as we all know, that spreads far and wide :u

Still, I just PM'd him about something, so when I hear back from him I'll mention this! :)

·
Anhedonic misanthrope
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's only a couple of weeks away, kids. We have five confirmed vendors sending freebies. Christine from Lew Rothman's new publication, Cigar Magazine, asked that I write an article and send pics for the Summer 2005 issue.

Confirm with me soon, so I can get an accurate head count. I don't wanna run out of goodies.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hey Wacco, how many ya' have confirmed so far?? Also, where in blazes is Churchills??? :)

·
Anhedonic misanthrope
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Churchills is at 40 North Street, Boston. It is on the ground floor of The Millennium Bostonian Hotel, and is directly across the street from Fanuiel Hall.

We have 44 confirmed attendees, and the vendor list is below.

2 Guys Smoke Shop
Atlantic Cigar
Bucanero Cigars
CAO International
Cigar Magazine
Cigars.com
Cigars International
Cuban Crafters
Famous Smoke Shop
Lil Brown Smoke Shack
Mr. Bundles
Mr. Jerry
Tabacalera Perdomo
and Torano Cigars!!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I will be there with bells on (not literally). Wife's going to come, as well, so she can shop while I herf!!!!!!! :p

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Oh, and is there a door fee or anything like that?? I've never been to a herf, before!!! I was also wondering if I should bring smokes seeing that vendors will be in attendance. What is the proper etiquette for that sort of thing?

·
Anhedonic misanthrope
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Latest:

AVO and Gurkha are sending reps. I have a call in to Louis Tiant's camp, extending him an invite. We are up to about 60 confirms.

Zero cost. Bring whatever you like, I'm asking that everyone purchase a cigar or two from Churchills, as they are nice enough to let us take over the place. You don't need to buy anything, I just think it's a nice gesture.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Wow! I can't wait!! I'll be sure to buy a coupla smokes from Churchill's to spread the good will :)

El Tiante? Wow, that would be pretty damned cool!! You should contact the WEEI guys from "The Big Show with the Big O". Glenn Ordway and his cronies are big fans of the leaf!!!

·
Anhedonic misanthrope
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Four days away! We have over 500 donated cigars, another couple hundred on the way. Many accessories as well.

There will be a cash raffle as well to benefit Wednesday's Child

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Can't wait ;)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Any other cats showing up? I'll be there with a couple buddies. HV, I should have your package with me.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Gargamel said:
Any other cats showing up? I'll be there with a couple buddies. HV, I should have your package with me.
Hey Gargamel!! Sounds good!! PM me and let me know what the damage is! :D

·
Registered
803 Posts
You should be hearing from me tomorrow as long as there's not an agent waiting for me at the PO.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
EEEEEEEEEEEEK!

Okay! I'll hide in my closet until then! :r

·
Anhedonic misanthrope
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Some have asked if they can bring an item(s) for the charity raffle. By all means. Just see one of the N.E.W.K. staff on Saturday.

·
Anhedonic misanthrope
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As of today, over 1000 donated cigars. Over $500 in merchandise, and we still have stuff coming in tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.