Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, been reading for a while. More of a reader than a poster. I've just acquired an estate Dunhill tanshell 142 with a hairline crack (very minor) just above the silver band. Looking for recommendations for someone to send it to for repair and reconditioning. I'd normally take this on myself with a bit of pipe mud and various grits of paper but I'd rather send this one off to a professional. I've read many threads where someone has recommended a forum member and know there are a few but I can't remember which threads and can't recall who they mentioned as top pipe restorers. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,816 Posts
Welcome to the group! I can't help any with your problem, but im sure some of the guru's will be along to help later!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Is the Silver band original (logo, hallmarks etc..)? The reason I ask is, typically if you see a crack above a band, the band is a repair. Could be a factory repair, which may or may not have all the markings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the Silver band original (logo, hallmarks etc..)? The reason I ask is, typically if you see a crack above a band, the band is a repair. Could be a factory repair, which may or may not have all the markings.
I'm not sure. I haven't received it yet. I appreciate all of the replies and will be sending it to someone who was recommended here. Thanks again

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.