Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are expecting our first during the first week of October. I will probably give something away at work, but before I commit some heinous faux pas I thought I'd query the BOTL here.

Should I offer cigars to my coworkers and neighbors? I am and work with engineers at a defense contractor--usually pretty white collar crowd, mostly conservative. The corollary questions are what kind of cigar and what alternative should I offer. Some of my coworkers at least occassionally smoke 'em, and know dog rocket from delight.

Any of you do this recently? How did it go over?

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
have two types of cigars a good one for the cigar smokers and a mediocore one for the so so casual smoker.

Or order some custom ones on line with a custom band and give everyone the same.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
My 2 cents: Find out who smokes cigars and have a "guys" baby shower out somewhere!!! I don't think that's been done before....at least not for me...Poker baby shower....now that would be coooool

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Congrats on the expected new arrival!!

I would have a box of decent cigars for the masses, and a few "upscale" ones for friends who I knew were true LOTLs. I wouldn't worry about having an alternative goodie for those who don't partake...cigars are the tradition, and if ya don't smoke, don't take one....JMHO.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I agree icehog3

And for the record Oct 7 9:42 pm EST.

icehog3 said:
Congrats on the expected new arrival!!

I would have a box of decent cigars for the masses, and a few "upscale" ones for friends who I knew were true LOTLs. I wouldn't worry about having an alternative goodie for those who don't partake...cigars are the tradition, and if ya don't smoke, don't take one....JMHO.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I bought AF petit coronas and handed those out to the masses. On the cheap side for me, not a terrible smoke for the smokers and small & attractive for the non smokers.

I also bought a box of MC#5s. Once again, not an expensive smoke, but good. Handed these out to close friends and family.

These choices covered the bases for me.. plus I don't mind having some of the leftovers :)

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
I definitely think a good stick for those that do and a Candy type substitute for those that don't. If you go to the Cigar store they usually have the bubble gum "It's a boy or girl" cigars... cute but effective for those that will not imbibe.

·
Duke of prunes
537 Posts
I would think that Padron Fumas would please almost any palate. Cheap enough for those who won't appreciate them, but tasty enough for you and your BOTL to enjoy! A co-worker of mine handed them out last year and I don't think he got any complaints............ :w

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.