Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Consigliere ***********
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are these? I see then at my B&M and the sure look good, but as we all know looks arent everything.

Any certian ones to try?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I obtained one in December of 2009....(at an event)

I popped it a week ago.

It was a special selection robusto.

It was very good, actually.

·
Consigliere ***********
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive heard about the Art Deco in a few places. dont know, may have to try some of the others too.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
The 1989's are mixed filler & the box I won off of c-bid were loosely packed, but the flavor isn't bad.

I really like the Special Selection.

Haven't tried the Art Deco.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have enjoyed all of the Nestor Miranda sticks I've tried. I've worked through boxes of Special Selection, Dominicano, and am in the middle of Art Deco right now. They all seem to be mild/medium in body and strength (even the Oscuro versions), so don't expect them to bowl you over in those departments. They are very flavorful though and a nice change of pace from other Pepin-made products. I tend to light one up in the morning with coffee.

My favorite sizes are the Coffee Break (Short Robusto) and the Ruky (Perfecto). I'm really fond of the Ruky, especially in the SS Oscuro and Domincano Rosado. I'd like to give his 20th Anniversary Danno a try but that thing is a monster - 7 x 56, so I'm not sure I'm willing to tackle it yet.

·
* ZK Processing Center*
2,224 Posts
The special select Oscuro in my opinion was awesome.
The Art Deco uses a double binder to add some complexity to it. I thought It was also good but I did enjoy the SS a little better when the ashes were on the table.....:smoke2:

·
Puffin' Colt
969 Posts
I've only had one of his cigars, it was a maduro (one of the ones they sell in bundles on CI, box press, pretty inexpensive) it was pretty good.

I got lucky enough to meet Nestor one time and he was such a nice and down to earth guy. He was cracking me up, dancing with a couple HOT girls by his side....Good times..

·
Consigliere ***********
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ill have to grab a couple the next time Im at the B&M

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.