Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
New Pufferfish
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pre-light aroma: Smelled fairly good, a little spice

That's about the only positive thing I have to say about this stick. I lasted about 3 puffs before the taste disgusted me and I had to let it die out -- and then throw it outside.

I read other reviews of this stick and they all rated it on par with Brickhouse and La Traviata. I've smoked both of those brands and they're good brands. This, on the other hand, was an utter dog rocket. I smoked one NM1989 to completion the other day, just to say I did, and it tainted my taste buds for a full 2 days afterwards.

Post 3-puff aroma: Dirty, wet, old cigarette ashtray.

Either I got a bad 5er or these just plain old suck

·
New Pufferfish
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should tell him what I said and then ask if he has any around you can purchase, and smoke one with him. If your review on it is positive, then I must have gotten a bad batch. If you think of it the same way, then there's always the opportunity to help a cigar manufacturer change up his blend

·
Registered
347 Posts
Im going to see Nestor Miranda tomorrow at an event here on Nashvile. Anybody else have an opinion to share? Should I call the guy out on this one? PLMK
I met him last week at an event in MD. As much as I wanted to tell him that his latest cigar (Retro) falls flat on its face about 1/3rd of the way in....I just couldn't. He is super nice and very polite and grateful to everyone that comes out to see him. Would have been much easier if he was an @$$.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Im going to see Nestor Miranda tomorrow at an event here on Nashvile. Anybody else have an opinion to share? Should I call the guy out on this one? PLMK
I met him last week at an event here in Alexandria, nice guy that made sure he walked around and spoke to eveyone there. However if the one your going to is like the one here, he is pushing his new art deco series. Try the art deco coffe break, really good smoke. enjoy

·
Registered
414 Posts
I met him last week at an event in MD. As much as I wanted to tell him that his latest cigar (Retro) falls flat on its face about 1/3rd of the way in....I just couldn't. He is super nice and very polite and grateful to everyone that comes out to see him. Would have been much easier if he was an @$$.
Yeah, that kinda sucks trying to tell a nice guy his sticks are blah. Maybe you could have very subtly given him some constructive criticism.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My bad...meant Art Deco.
I loved the art decco coffeebreak. I guess you could say it falls on its face but I thought it worked. for me its was spice/pepper during first 1/3 almost to the point that I didnt like it. then it turned to more of a creamy coffee flavor with just a little of the spice at the end. Draw was excellent, light/burn was good and construction as good as any I've seen. Im a guy who very seldom spends more than $5 for a stick. After I bought and smoked the first one at $6.50 I went back and bought five more. I would like to add that when I smoked this cigar I knew nothing about it. I had read no reviews nothing, didnt know the cigar existed. Since then I have read a few less than stallar reviews and I think its because they call it a medium when it prob should be called a mild to medium cigar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.