Cigar Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just got my new replacement the heat/cool one. Wiped it down with warm water and soap. Then distilled water. I put my 2 nest temp sensors inside one at top and one at bottom and right now set it at 67*. Well both are reading 67 so far so I might have gotten lucky and got one that the panel is reading accurately. Just need my last 2 drawers!

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
FedEx failed. Last 3 drawers will be delivered tomorrow. I'll postpictures of what I did .

My only gripe. Maybe @LB Wallace can help. The drawers are so tight. I have to force them in the last 1/2" or even inch. So I have to hold the entire unit and force them in. And same to pull out. I wish they slide in and out like butter.

· Registered
Cigar
33 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I tried matching up some cedar organizers for the 23L interior. I borrowed an electric sander and sanded the sides down and even then they wouldn’t fit. You won’t have that problem, just sand them down a bit and you should be fine. Best sander was a battery power triangle pad corner sander on high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Same thing happened to me when I tried matching up some cedar organizers for the 23L interior. I borrowed an electric sander and sanded the sides down and even then they wouldn’t fit. You won’t have that problem, just sand them down a bit and you should be fine. Best sander was a battery power triangle pad corner sander on high.

Yea I'm wondering if they need to be sanded to make the tabs smaller vertical. In alot or is it tight to wide. Ita weird. I have an electric sander. But not sure if I should make the tabs skinnier. Or if it's the total width

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I noticed it's tighter as the drawer goes in so what's tells me I need to grind the back half of the drawer tabs. Which I did. It's easier. But still tight towards in. I can't go anymore or I risk not having the drawer hold. If I remove it completely and put the rear in slow it is already capable of slipping out of the slot. Until I push it in then it actually holds good still tight towards end so it tells me the interior shell is tighter towards rear. Oh well I can't be that anal. It's not like it has ball bearing slides. Ahahah it's only holding cigars which aren't heavy.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If I'm gonna keep my humidor with 65% boveda. Seasoning it with distilled water. What should I shoot for 75% before I take water out? Or like 80% then take water out and let it level out on its on to say 65% then put packs in?

· Registered
Cigar
33 Posts
So I did the 84% packs as you know and it was overkill and had to fight over season for days afterwards. I’d take it to the 70’s for a day and then see if the 65 packs will hold the desired RH. I’ve finally got mine holding around 68 with the 65. Had to leave the door cracked for a few hours last night to bring it down from 70.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So I did the 84% packs as you know and it was overkill and had to fight over season for days afterwards. I’d take it to the 70’s for a day and then see if the 65 packs will hold the desired RH. I’ve finally got mine holding around 68 with the 65. Had to leave the door cracked for a few hours last night to bring it down from 70.

Ok. Well it's 76% right now but that's without the new 3 drawers I'm getting today. Maybe I'll water in. Put 3 last drawers in for a full day then pull water and just let the 5 drawers sit and see where it slowly drops too

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
How's your progress going Keno?
I got my boveda packs. The distilled water got the hygrometers up to 75. I removed the water for 24hours it was still 73-74. I opened door for maybe 5 min. Closed it I installed the 3 320g boveda packs. (they are big. Take a lot of room in drawers. I really want to remove them from cardboard to be able to make more room. But have 3 320g bovedas and 2 60g bovedas. This morning it was 69-70. I opened the door again for a few min. Trying to get it down before I put some sticks in but I have a large order from online that is processing. I have about 40 sticks I'm gonna put in as soon as it gets close to 65.

My desktop I had the boveda 84 for 14 days. It's 74 inside after 24 hours of 69 bovedas in. I left it open for maybe 10 min. Trying to get it to 69-70. I figure I'd use 69s in desktop because it's not as air tight as the needone? Or should match them all so they can be moved around if all use the same 65%?

Meanwhile my tupperdor is holding what I have for now

· Registered
Cigar
33 Posts
Good to hear. There is a possibility that the desktop has a good seal and a 65 will keep it there, but your concept of using the 69 is sound. See what happens over time. I'd love to have all of my humidors matching and will get my three drawer wood box down below 70 at some point when I move away from the Joe Cool 70RH beads and into another 320GM Boveda 65. The sticks I have in the three drawer wood box are handling 70-71RH and 70 degrees just fine so there is no real rush to spend any more money on that box. I don't store anything of great value in that one. All my investment is in the Needone which is now holding 64.4 degrees and 65RH throughout. The single closed in Needone drawer is all Habanos and it has its own Govee sensor which is still showing 67RH in there because they were in a strong 70RH location for about a month. Hoping that Govee drops a degree over the next week or so.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Good to hear. There is a possibility that the desktop has a good seal and a 65 will keep it there, but your concept of using the 69 is sound. See what happens over time. I'd love to have all of my humidors matching and will get my three drawer wood box down below 70 at some point when I move away from the Joe Cool 70RH beads and into another 320GM Boveda 65. The sticks I have in the three drawer wood box are handling 70-71RH and 70 degrees just fine so there is no real rush to spend any more money on that box. I don't store anything of great value in that one. All my investment is in the Needone which is now holding 64.4 degrees and 65RH throughout. The single closed in Needone drawer is all Habanos and it has its own Govee sensor which is still showing 67RH in there because they were in a strong 70RH location for about a month. Hoping that Govee drops a degree over the next week or so.
Well see. I dunno why but gonna leave room in needone for a small special stash. But I never leave the country. Haha so I dunno why. I guess I can leave the bottom clear for that reason. But most likely will just fill it with stuff I have access too. I'll have to see. I already told myself the desktop is gonna be random stuff. I won't even care for. Someone can just take whatever out of it. The needone will be my collection

21 - 40 of 54 Posts