Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to try these for a while. The Cameroon wrapped La Aurora line.

The 7.5x50 Double Corona is at Cigar Bid, posted in their Free Fall section, 20 for $37.50.

That price would make this the BEST time to try them.

For anyone who has smoked them, would you consider them poor, fair, good, or Very Good? and
what king of smoke is it, and what other cigars could it be compared too?

Your feedback if greatly appreciated.

·
Eagle above the tiger
70 Posts
I have no experience with it, but you should try looking at the puff.com review link for it. My post count is too low to link, but look at puff.com and then

/Cigar-Reviews/Cigar/La-Aurora/La-Aurora-Double-Corona-Cigar-Reviews-P1.html

·
Banned
40 Posts
That is a very good buy. I have a couple of boxes of 107's and I enjoy them very much. I would rate them Very Good. They will no blow the back of your head off, but they are full of flavor and well constructed. You will not be disappointed.

·
some say I'm a dreamer...
3,277 Posts
...Speaking of La Aurora, can someone identify this?:

I've searched La Aurora Connecticut but all I get is the perfectos/tubos. Maybe this is an old label?

I haven't got around to smoking any but I have been bombed two La Auroras and they both smell and feel top notch. They're just resting for the right time to give them the proper time and review.

·
Ron Mexico Assault Squid
1,498 Posts
...Speaking of La Aurora, can someone identify this?:

I've searched La Aurora Connecticut but all I get is the perfectos/tubos. Maybe this is an old label?

I haven't got around to smoking any but I have been bombed two La Auroras and they both smell and feel top notch. They're just resting for the right time to give them the proper time and review.
It's a La Aurora Preferidos Robusto. They didn't make very many of them. Here is a link to a site with a review.

La Aurora Preferidos Robusto « Cigarfan.net

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input. I am still on the fence between the La Aurora, Kinky Friedman's Big Richard, which is very good, and Cuba Libre One Brute. The Libre One churchill was also very good. All 3 are in a $10 price range of one another.

Main reason I am still looking to the La Aurora is my smoking of Perdomo Reserve Series P Cameroon earlier today. Very Good smoke. If the La Aurora is similar, it is well worth the $37.50.

Having only ONE BUY with so many choices is a real kick in the ass!

They have the La Aurora 7.5x50 in a 5 pack. I have to score one of those before buying 20. A 5 pack of the Cuba Libre One and a 10 pack of the Kinky Friedman Big Richard for about $25.00 is they way I will end up going. Got everything covered then.

·
Immature Pufferfish
2,507 Posts
Very long and slow burning smoke. When aged a year to two, will develope into a pleasingly mild, creamy and sweetish smoke with lots of floral and cedar notes, balanced spice and a touch of nuttiness and earth on the finish.

Ideal for the lazy spring-summer afternoons with some iced lemon tea. Comparatively cheap and offers good value.

·
Double Trouble
2,356 Posts
for less than $2 you cant go wrong with these

+1 on their 2nds too (let em age/rest)

·
"Witchdoctor"
1,544 Posts
you guys and your "age them a year or two" stuff. Basically I should have started buying cigars before I even thought of actually smoking them. That way they'd be good and aged by now. Can someone invent a time machine so I can go back 2 or 3 years and let myself know?

thanks.

·
Immature Pufferfish
2,507 Posts
you guys and your "age them a year or two" stuff. Basically I should have started buying cigars before I even thought of actually smoking them. That way they'd be good and aged by now. Can someone invent a time machine so I can go back 2 or 3 years and let myself know?

thanks.
LMAO. We all have the same wish with cigars, I am sure. :D

·
True Derelict
4,041 Posts

thanks.
I hear ya Matt. Kinda getting the hang of the ageing thing by only buying 5ers and samplers that include at least 2 of everything. Smoke one or two and put the rest in the ageing coolerdor. It does help that I enjoy the low priced bundles Like the seconds, GH Vintage and a few others that are 2 bucks or less. Guess to get this back on topic, I'll have to try some La Aurora

·
Registered
195 Posts
I like every La Aurora i've ever had, I've had these in the robusto size and enjoyed them quite a bit.
I have to agree. You cannot go wrong with a La Aurora Premium smoke. I like the Preferidos although they are expensive. I catch them at auction once in a while. You may also want to try Leon Jiminez since they are made at the same factory. La Aurora has been coming out with a bunch of different lines here lately it seems and it even seems the Tubed Preferidos are getting hard to find. Anyway, they make a quality cigar and the size etc. has little to do with the quality. I can smoke them all.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for posting this question Rich. I have also noticed the great prices on these cigars and wondered about them as well. If I remember right, the CI catalog lists them as mild bodied, which was a bit surprising since most Cameroon-wrapped cigars seem to get an automatic "medium" tag.

From the posts so far, it sounds like a good value.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.