Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello BOTL's

As a lot of you know I was recently very blessed to have made a fantastic purchase on a very nice... and big humi. It has a Moist N Aire unit in it which seems to be working fine... although I do not seem to have it set just right in the middle of its cycle i.e. what RH it comes on at and what RH it goes off at but that will most likely just be a matter of time. The other item along with the MNA is that I already have a pound of heartfelt beads for 65 rh.... should I use these in conjunction with the MNA?

The more intriguing part is another device that is in the humi. It is a Herrmidifier (correct spelling) unit and it has a settings dial but I do not seem to be able to find any info or docs on it and I been searching high and low. I did find the company and sent them an email but they have been bought since this product and they do not have anything even close to it now. I'm wondering if this is something I should be using along with the MNA or if it was something that was replaced. I'm guessing it is something that brings down to high of a RH but since there is no water it cannot raise it. An interesting note would be that it has a fairly heavy gauge cord indicating some decent current but I do not have an amp meter so....?

Here it is below... give me a holler if it is familiar at all

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Viper139 said:
I don't know the size of the humi you have but more than likely it is larger than a pound of beads can deal with. A pound will only condition up to a 5 cubic foot area satisfactorily.

As far as that gizmo, never seen one or heard of one.
Yes so true on the amount... it is 42 x 24 x 72 so that is not enough. Do you think the beads (more) would work in conjunction with the MNA or do you recommend one or the other?

Sorry if I am putting you on the spot

·
Registered
610 Posts
Franksmith said:
Yes so true on the amount... it is 42 x 24 x 72 so that is not enough. Do you think the beads (more) would work in conjunction with the MNA or do you recommend one or the other?

Sorry if I am putting you on the spot
That space would need 8.4 pounds of beads. I don't know the MNSA unit very well so I really can't give you aneducated answer. A cabinet that large should have active humidification. A few pounds of beads in the top of the cabinet would help balance the humidity from the top to the bottom but I would not use beads only.

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Hey FrankSmith, some of the BOTL use both active Humidification and the beads together in order to better regulate RH. I've heard that the Moist N Aire units work very well so I think it may be sufficient to humidify your Cabinet, however having some beads in there wouldn't hurt to keep your RH down though. Although if that Herrmidifier is in there for that purpose you might not need to add anything at all.

So basically, I have no idea what a Herrmidifier is :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.