Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, I just joined and have smoked cigars (machine made) for over 45 yrs. Just started on the hand rolled smokes. I bought a Vitrol "Capsule" Punch and it came with no info on how to use it??? I finally figured out where the cutter was after it was covered up with plastic sleeve, but I thought a punch would pull the cut plug out of the cigar??? I don't even know if I'm using it right. Any help appreciated......Thanks, Wally

· Registered
294 Posts
Hi Folks, I just joined and have smoked cigars (machine made) for over 45 yrs. Just started on the hand rolled smokes. I bought a Vitrol "Capsule" Punch and it came with no info on how to use it??? I finally figured out where the cutter was after it was covered up with plastic sleeve, but I thought a punch would pull the cut plug out of the cigar??? I don't even know if I'm using it right. Any help appreciated......Thanks, Wally
try pushing the punch in a little deeper and see if the plug comes out after

· has moved on
1,024 Posts
Sometimes the plug just plain doesn't want to come out. If that happens, just gently remove the part of the cap you've scored with your punch using your fingernail. The beauty of a punch is you're just removing the end of the cap - not the filler tobacco.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sometimes the plug just plain doesn't want to come out. If that happens, just gently remove the part of the cap you've scored with your punch using your fingernail. The beauty of a punch is you're just removing the end of the cap - not the filler tobacco.
Thanks for the reply....you are right!!!!!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.