Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need suggestions on the best way to remove smoke from my finished basement so that I can smoke cigars without bothering the rest of my family. I've been looking at the the Trion 250 and a Living Air XL unit. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Good question jj. I'd love to smoke in the house, but I have a wife and kid.... Any gorillas know of an air purifier that really works?

Goat Locker

·
Test Subject
2,651 Posts
I have done a lot of research on getting rid of cigar odors..As far as the Csonka is concerned that is an ozone generator..There are a lot of ozone generators on the market..The problem is that to help purify the air of the smoke odor you need to produce ozone in a quanity this is harmful to humans..Too much ozone can cause lung problems..(Depending on the square footage of the room you may need two units) If you do use an ozone generator you will still have to purchase a "hepa" filter air cleaner to remove the tar out of the air. There is one other way to go and that is to buy a charcoal air cleaner but they are expensive..You need at least 25 lbs of activated charcoal to remove the odor. Any other air cleaner will not remove the smoke odor only reduce it. Even the ozone generators advertise that they help reduce smoke odors. Hope this helps

Jerry in Minnesota.

·
Registered
152 Posts
c2000 said:
I have done a lot of research on getting rid of cigar odors..As far as the Csonka is concerned that is an ozone generator..There are a lot of ozone generators on the market..The problem is that to help purify the air of the smoke odor you need to produce ozone in a quanity this is harmful to humans..Too much ozone can cause lung problems..(Depending on the square footage of the room you may need two units) If you do use an ozone generator you will still have to purchase a "hepa" filter air cleaner to remove the tar out of the air. There is one other way to go and that is to buy a charcoal air cleaner but they are expensive..You need at least 25 lbs of activated charcoal to remove the odor. Any other air cleaner will not remove the smoke odor only reduce it. Even the ozone generators advertise that they help reduce smoke odors. Hope this helps

Jerry in Minnesota.
Whoa totally technical....felt like I was back in college chemistry class. :confused:

Well great info, with the price of these things up here in Canada and the type and size that i would need I wouldn't have any money for cigars. Screw it I will still smoke outside, in the garage etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.