Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to finish up the gift shopping for my groomsmen and soon to ge father-in-law. So far the mens' gifts go as follow:

me - 150 ct humidor (got it 2 months ago - WOOHOO!)
groomsmen - 25 ct humidor + 10 cigars each
jr. groomsman - engraved baseball (his mom said NO! to cigars and a humidor. He's 8, how about a tin of Cohiba Pequinos? They're just his size. :D )
my dad - fiance has ordered one of the blue chip combos from CI for him
soon to be - ?

As you can see, all the guys will get humidors and cigars, but my fiance's dad has no interest in cigars and therefor has no need for a humidor. The problem is, I know what I want to get my fiance's dad, I'm just having trouble finding it on the internet.

I have a jewelry box type container that I picked up at an art festival several years ago that is made out of cypress wood. The box has a tray that slides out and behind it you find several hidden compartments. I would like to get him something similar since the other guys are all getting wooden boxes.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks all.

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
If the man golfs there are alot of things you can buy him.
1. Vintage golf club
2.Autograph golf ball from famous player
3. couple of rounds for his favorite course

Another suggestion is a nice bottle of wine of champagne to commemorate the day and his memmories some come in wooden boxes

Gold key chain- everyone has keys to put in the jewel box.

A nice jewel box is good or a watch box is a good one if he has more than one watch.

A good pen and a pen collection box to get him started.

Those are some.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MocoBird said:
Give him a Cashiers Check!

Poor mans probably going broke paying for the wedding!
:r
He and I both. I'm about ready to start filing these wedding bills in the shredder. Hey, wedding companies and all wedding rental businesses..... :fu I feel a little better now.

·
toe
4,901 Posts
czartim said:
I have a jewelry box type container that I picked up at an art festival several years ago that is made out of cypress wood. The box has a tray that slides out and behind it you find several hidden compartments. I would like to get him something similar since the other guys are all getting wooden boxes.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks all.
How about a Japanese Puzzle Box?

Might be the basic type of thing you're looking for...

·
toe
4,901 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Give him an hour at an Asian massage place, and not only will he love you forever, but you'll get leverage, baby! LEVERAGE!! :al

·
The Screamin' Eagle \m/
3,114 Posts
I know it might sound silly, but what about asking one of the custom humi builders to do something similar to what you've got?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I had a friend (who happens to be a jeweler) make cufflinks for my wedding party. Each person, including my father-in-law, got a pair with his initials. They were a big hit and something I would definately recommend if you're having problems coming up with ideas.

·
toe
4,901 Posts
croatan said:
I had a friend (who happens to be a jeweler) make cufflinks for my wedding party. Each person, including my father-in-law, got a pair with his initials. They were a big hit and something I would definately recommend if you're having problems coming up with ideas.
Yeah I did cufflinks for my groomsmen.
But to make things a bit more unique, I chose each pair separately for each guy. One friend has two pitbull mix pups, I found cufflinks that look just like his dogs. Another loves baseball - found some with a ball on one end and glove on the other. Used to go skiing with the third as a child, found him some with little skiiers. Took piano lessons with the fourth, found little miniature pianos for him.
It was fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.